Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 11 of The Case of the Wounded Head series
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
306
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
911

The Surprise Return of Key Evidence

Summary:

Characters: Don, Nena, Ray-Ray
Rating: FRK, PG
Summary:  Don looks into the bag.
Series: The Case of the Severed Head
Word Count: 300
Disclaimer: Not my characters (except when they are), not my world, making no money.
Feedback: Yes, please! Feed the author!
A/N: Thanks to my beta, dani.

Work Text:

 

The Surprise Return of Key Evidence
 by IrenaAdler

"A turkey?" Don took the bag from Nena.
 
"Noooo," Nena said. "It's Bonnie!"
 
"Who?" Don said, then remembered the doll that Nena had decapitated. That thing in the bag could be a doll's body covered in aluminum foil. He lifted it out. "Why the foil?"
 
"It's her space suit!" Nena explained and continued, "Bonnie's head is all floating around in space and she can look but can't do anything! She needs her body!"
 
Don turned to glare at Colby and Charlie, who were trying to look unaware of what Nena had been up to. Don made a mental note to deal with them later then turned back towards Ray-Ray.
 
Ray-Ray was eyeing the doll's body uneasily. Don had to admit that it did look pretty bizarre, if you didn't know the back-story.
 
"Give us a second?" Don asked Nena.
 
Nena nodded and went back to her smirking daddies.
 
Don focused on Ray-Ray. "Look, I know this is really strange, but is there any way you could attach this thing to your rocket? It would mean a lot to Nena and I'd owe you huge."
 
Grimacing, Ray-Ray took the doll from Don's hands. "It's lighter than I expected …" he said slowly, adjusting the arms and legs with loud crinkles.
 
"Consider it an engineering challenge," Don urged.
 
"I suppose if I …" Ray-ray frowned thoughtfully. "If I do this, you'll convince your Dad to do that furnace upgrade?"
 
"Absolutely."
 
"Okay," Ray-ray said. "Now, I need some tape …"
 
 
A half-an-hour later, the sleek rocket had grown a large plastic lump. Just above the fins, the plastic bag with the doll inside had been wrapped around the cylinder and taped securely.
 
"No one better tell the NAR," Ray-Ray mumbled, then turned to Nena. "Young lady, would you like to do the honors?"

end

Series this work belongs to: