Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
299
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
15
Hits:
1,450

Filling The Silence

Summary:

Spoilers for the last season: Jordan & Shawn are still trying to make sense of things & patch up their broken down relationship...

Work Text:

FILLING THE SILENCE

“Shawn…” Collier began, as he spoke into his phone.

“Jordan…” Shawn tried to ignore how his stomach flipped.

“It was good to see you…” Jordan told him.

“I thought Kyle was your new favourite?” Shawn was immediately defensive, as he sat at his desk.

“When we banded together in the halls of N-TAC, you were the first I asked was alright…” Jordan sighed. He couldn’t do much else.

“But I bet I wasn’t the first you ran to when that glass blew out…” Shawn challenged.

“I was right next to Kyle. He was the first one I saw…” Jordan wasn’t going to lie.

“Exactly.” Shawn replied. “Keep him at your right hand, don’t you? I suppose you have to if you’re going to bring Heaven to Earth… All you and I ever managed was Hell…”

Jordan winced. He knew Shawn was talking about the early days of handing out the Promicin. Of the death of his assistant.

“Didn’t have enough faith for you, did I?” Shawn pointed out.

“You did, Shawn… You do… In your own way… When I thought you were dead, I…” Jordan tried.

“But you left me to Isabelle.” Shawn stated.

“I’m sorry, Shawn… I do miss you… When I thought you were dead, I hated myself…” Jordan told Shawn.

“Right.” Shawn responded. “And now? Forgotten again, or what? You need a good night’s sleep…?”

“Whatever’s happened between us, Shawn, I still love you…” Jordan spoke up.

“Figured out a new use for me, have you?” Shawn retaliated.

“No, but I won’t deny that I need you… I need you…” Jordan repeated.

There was silence for a while, between them… And then, each man put their phone down….

 

The End..?
22.8.07