Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 3 of A Vampire in Space
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,713
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
17
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,883

Holo Sun

Summary:

Fandom: AtS/STtNG
Characters: Spike/Data
Rating/Warnings: is there a rating for android/vampire kissing?
Summary: next in my newly titled series A Vampire in Space (I won’t say the last cause it just won’t stop)
Spike is making the most of the holodeck and teaches Data the joys of nude sunbathing and kissing.

Work Text:

Holo Sun
by Lilithangel
 

 
Data knew Spike would be in the holodeck.  The vampire booked as much time as he could there.  It was obvious to Data that Spike was used to being more active than being a guest on the Enterprise allowed.
 
The meeting with Picard had not gone well.  Data had been fascinated to watch the interplay between two such different creatures.  Spike had been instantly defensive and even more than his cocky self.  Picard had been suspicious and didn’t like the fact that Starfleet wouldn’t budge on them giving Spike a lift to his next destination without giving any other information.  Spike also refused to give any other information, daring Picard to push it.
 
Spike had left the meeting vibrating with so much emotion that Data couldn’t be envious of his ability at that moment.  By the time they reached Spike’s accommodation the emotion seemed to have slipped away and Spike fixed his blood and calmly fed Angel.
 
“Wasn’t anything I haven’t heard before,” Spike commented as he drank, “pompous distain and fearful hate.  They’re the true human reactions to the unknown.  The Federation regulated humanity into good behaviour with aliens but forgot about its own creations.”
 
Despite his apparent nonchalance at Picard’s hostility Spike had chosen to keep a low profile on the ship since.
 
Data found Spike sunbathing naked in the holodeck and studied the vampire’s form with interest.  Spike had no concern at being naked, a taboo Data had noted still remained with humans.  Spike had a very aesthetically pleasing body by all artistic comparisons Data could match from his memory banks.  Well toned muscles, pale despite his sunbathing, smooth skin with a tidy thatch of hair in which nestled a nicely formed cock.  Data’s father had created him with similar dimensions but with a physical appearance to match family traits.
 
Spike lay on his back with Angel curled up on his chest both blinking lazily in the warmth of the sun.
 
“Earth sun turns vampires to dust,” Spike said at Data’s scrutiny, “something about the type of radiation. The holodeck kindly doesn’t mimic that.”
 
“So you could also walk in daylight on other planets?” Data mused.
 
“Once the radiation is confirmed as safe,” Spike said, “don’t have to worry about the atmosphere which is another reason Starfleet likes to use us.”
 
“Early Earth movies depict vampires as hideous beasts,” Data said, joining Spike on the grass in the park he had created.  “Are all vampires as attractive as you?”
 
Spike laughed.  “In the movies vampires were metaphors for evil so they had to be ugly.  Until the late twentieth century when evil was seen as seductive.  Vampires are as attractive as they were when they were human.  Of course nobody would deliberately sire an ugly one unless they had some other value.  Have you been researching me?”
 
“I desisted from that activity at the firm request of Starfleet,” Data said, “so decided that general research would not go amiss.”
 
“Most of what’s written is utter bollocks,” Spike said, reaching for a pitcher of something alcoholic next to him much to Angel’s displeasure who went and sat on Data instead.
 
“Will you tell me more?”
 
“Ask away,” Spike said, “I’m an open book.”
 
“Does it hurt to transform into your vampire state, do you know how it happens?”
 
“Doesn’t hurt.  You can will it out or at moments of extreme anger it can come out.  I can see better in vampire form so it’s useful for low light situations.”
 
“Are other senses enhanced?”
 
“Smell is the big one,” Spike said, “it tells you so much about what’s going on.  Right down to who fancies who and what they ate for dinner.  Taste and touch are pretty normal but after a few hundred years everything gets a bit bland.”
 
“You must find the confined spaces of a spaceship quite overwhelming at times,” Data said.  Spike looked at him in surprise.  Not many would guess that from his words.  “I have control over all of my senses,” Data added, “it is quite useful to be able to turn things down at times.”
 
“Oh god yes,” Spike said with heartfelt envy.  “That’s why the solo missions were quite restful at times, and why you’re quite restful.  I might put in for android support for my next mission.”
 
“Would it be rude of me to ask to see your vampire physiology?”  Data said.
 
“Since you’re staring at the rest of my physiology anyway…” Spike said with a laugh.
 
A small shake of his head and he revealed his demon features to Data who observed with interest.
 
“Minor changes to the entire muscular skeletal makeup,” Data observed, “major changes to the skull region.  Orbital lobes, eyes and jaw alterations with a distinct feline appearance to the changes.”
 
“You sure know how to sweet talk a guy,” Spike said grinning around his fangs.
 
“The ridges seem to be formed out of bone and calcium,” Data continued, “I have to wonder if you have reservoirs of building material stored somewhere to create them.”
 
“Well you can keep wondering and stay out of my flesh,” Spike said sharply, his demon features melting away.
 
Data blinked in surprise, “I apologies if I have offended you,” he said, “It was not my intention to suggest anything of the sort.  Your flesh is perfectly safe from me.”
 
“Now that’s a shame,” Spike said, in a mercurial change of mood, “some parts of my flesh are very keen on your interest.”  He raised an eyebrow suggestively.
 
“Are you offering me intercourse?” Data said curiously.
 
Spike laughed at Data’s question.  “I’m lying here naked, drinking Long Island Ice Tea.  Most would take that as an invitation, some wouldn’t even wait for the invite.”
 
“I am fully functional in that area,” Data said, “if you are so inclined.  I have performed the act before with a female, I have to theorise the mechanics are similar with a male.”
 
“Same dicks, different holes,” Spike said with a nod.
 
“It would be an interesting comparison,” Data said thoughtfully, “I have made a study of human erogenous zones and am fully programmed to give pleasure.”
 
“Do you get any pleasure out of the act?”  Spike asked, idly stroking his cock to fullness.  He rolled over onto his side to look at Data.
 
“Not in the way a human would define, but I find it interesting and pleasurable to observe the pleasure received from my actions.”
 
Spike leaned down and kissed Data.  He pulled back from the kiss and licked his lips thoughtfully.  “You might be programmed for pleasure,” he said, “but nobody taught you to kiss did they?  You need to participate a bit more, make it at least appear that you are enjoying yourself.  Relax a little.”
 
Data cocked his head and considered Spike’s words then pressed his lips against Spike’s.  He did as directed and attempted to relax.  Spike took advantage of the softening of his mouth to deepen the kiss, tongue darting out and requesting entrance.  Data parted his lips in surprise, tasting the alcohol on Spike’s tongue.  He catalogued the flavours and found that, despite them being diverse and contradictory, they reminded him of Spike and he liked it.
 
Angel hissed with disapproval and leapt off Data’s chest, allowing Spike to unfasten his shirt.  Spike was remarkably adept with his tongue, fascinating Data with the intricate way he caressed the sides of Data’s mouth, teeth and lips.  Data copied Spike’s actions and drew a moan out for his pains.
 
Spike broke the kiss and looked down at Data.  “You’re in need of sun even more than I am,” he commented, “why don’t you get naked and join me?”
 
“The sun in the holodeck will not alter the pigmentation of my skin,” Data said.
 
“Won’t mine either,” Spike said, “but it feels nice.”
 
Data considered the statement and then carefully got undressed and stretched out beside Spike.
 
“Why did you stop?” he asked finally.
 
“Didn’t think you were ready for more and I’m not into reluctant partners.”  Data could hear the shadow in Spike’s voice and didn’t press.
 
“This is nice,” he said tentatively, as they lay there.
 
“Head feelings are just as real as body feelings,” Spike commented as they soaked in the sun.  “Got told a lot in the past that I couldn’t really feel things because I was a vampire and didn’t have a soul.  Decided they were wrong after I got my soul back.  I loved Drusilla, Buffy, Fred, even Angel, just as much even if I felt guilty about what I’d done.  Felt shame and anger as a vampire, just as strongly as when I was human.  If you can think it and understand then that’s feeling it.  Don’t let anyone else tell you different.”
 
Data mulled over what Spike had said.  Intellectually it was contradictory to what he had observed about humans, but if he did what Spike said and thought about what he wanted to believe then he understood.  He wanted to feel happy about Spike’s words, just like he wanted to enjoy the feeling and taste of Spike’s mouth.  If wanting was enough then he did indeed feel.
 
Data reached over and took Spike’s hand.  “Thank you,” he said, squeezing it gently.
 
“You’re welcome,” Spike replied with his own squeeze.
 
“You have lost people you care about?” Data asked after a while.
 
“Live long enough and it’s going to happen,” Spike admitted.
 
“How do you cope?”
 
“Keep things to remember them by, keep on existing, and meet others to fill the gaps.  Lots of humans think love is finite, but there’s always room for one more.”
 
“Your speech often takes on a poet’s tones,” Data commented.
 
“Was a poet once,” Spike admitted, “not a very good one, but it taught me about the power of words.”
 
“Will you tell me about some of them?  If that is not too intrusive.”
 
Spike rolled over onto his stomach.  “Stories like that require a lot more lubrication and possibly some clothes, but I can tell you a few.”
 
Data had never expected to learn so many things from Spike, but the vampire was an compelling creature.  Quite a good kisser too from what he could compare.  Data looked forward to further lessons in feeling things.
 
END

Series this work belongs to: