Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
453
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
16
Hits:
1,073

Coming To Israel...

Summary:

Jack & Sam prepare for the birth of their baby...

Work Text:

Coming To Israel
Written: 29.9.04

 

Sam looked at him, looking at her…

“Your Birthday is my favourite time of year..!” He announced.

“It’s the only time of year you’ll do something other than fishing!” She grinned.

“Hey, you!” He rubbed her knee. “I do a lot of fishin’ up in Minnesota!”

“That’s what I just said!” She tucked into her toast.

“Ah, but not all of it’s in the lake, is it..?” Jack turned again to her and smiled

“This stands testament to that, very true…” She rested her legs, one on each of his shoulders.
Back to her, he picked up his jam donut and savoured his first mouthful. “You gonna wan’ another round o’ that…” He said, past his own preoccupation.

“Hmmm…” She scoffed it happily, butter glorious on her hungry tongue. Putting her legs down, she leant over and kissed him on the top of the head.

He moved out of her way considerately.

“Back in a mo!” She said, walking out the door, big bulky cream cardigan close around her, so that it were possible to take with her some of that cosy feeling…

“I love your ass..!” He shouted at her, as she went down the hallway.

She smiled, pretending not to hear,(… but he knew she had..!)

Jack picked another donut off the plate beside him, and put another log on their Minnesota fire before resting his back on the armchair again. He’d finished the second donut before she came back…

“… I love yours, too!” She noted, making sure he’d seen her notice the second donut gone…

He got up “Anything different on your toast this time, Ma’am..?”

“Just the way it was, darlin’, that’ll do me...!” She patted his back on the way back to her comfy chair.

“Ok, baby…” He replied, casual and warm as ever…“Thank you, Sammy-antha…” He kissed her on the forehead, nestling her neck with his miracle working fingers. “Your Birthday will always be my favourite time of year…”

“Mine, too…” She wiped a tear with the back of her hand. “Though I think this little guy’s Birthday’s gonna be far more fun..!” She winced, tiredly. “Next year, at any rate..!”
He squeezed her hand and kissed her on the top of the head once more… “Your Birthday gave us this gift.” He smiled.

“And, now, Christmas brings him into our arms..!” Sam agreed.

“I wonder if he’ll be thanking us for the gift of his name in a few Christmases’ time..!?!” Jack ruffled Sam’s hair ever so softly, then, with his own fingers, he brushed the fingers of his newborn baby son, Israel O’Neill.

THE END…