Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
533
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
18
Hits:
1,231

The Tale Of The Missing Scene From Lifeboat...

Summary:

Janet's Diary as she cares for Daniel after the Lifeboat incident...

Work Text:

The Tale of the Missing Scene in Lifeboat
written: 31.8.04

Diary Entry – First Day

After agreeing to give Daniel Jackson care from his home for a few days, I moved in… It was the only way to make sure that Daniel hung on in there while the Telassian ship was repaired, and Keenan’s father also giver some necessary re-coup time.
At the end of my first day, I can see how Daniel’s request to go home has helped him… Yes, he is more completely relaxed in his own home. I feared this would be a draw-back, allowing the two remaining personalities inside of him, Keenan and Tryan, to grow stronger. I only thank the Lord that we were able to get rid of the Telassian Sovereign from Daniel’s mind… Though I know he has now become the problem of Keenan’s father.

Day 4:
I only hope the transfer works. Daniel is caught, like a man suffering from Alzheimer’s, sometimes entirely unable to recall that he is even in this situation. His mind is wandering… I suppose it could be a survival mechanism. I do hope so! He turned around, speaking to me yesterday, as if I were Sha’re, and went silent for a long time when he realised I was not… I have been unable to write in this medical journal for three whole days. Between caring for Daniel, and soothing poor Keenan, whom is traumatised at any rate, before you even take into account the downside of taking him into a home environment. Memories. The poor child has been crying all night!

Day 5:
Tryan has been the dominant personality today. He is finding it tough also… A man of such integrity is in grief for his people, and I do believe he also left someone back home, though he’ll barely talk of her… He’s reluctant to take the sedatives I must give him, but I think it is because he is afraid to admit he needs help. He got through leaving his planet behind, the decision of it, by being the tough sort he is still trying to be… At around 1700 hrs, Daniel resurfaced. The first time all day. I was utterly relieved to hear his voice calling me as I prepared him something to eat… It was tough to watch him trying to talk Keenan through the grief of separation from his parents.

Day 7:
Two very rough days… Each personality slept a lot. I feared for them all… But, this morning, all men involved in this travesty of nature were deemed fit to go through with the rest of the transfer…

Daniel Jackson has come back to us, and I write the end of this Chapter in Daniel’s Medical notes while I watch him sleeping off that nail in the head… Daniel’s home was very nice, but I am relieved to have him back in my environment. I don’t have to fear for him quite so much, and that means that I, too, can get some sleep now..! I pray this ends happily.

My heart goes out to all the others’ as well…

Janet Frasier

THE END…