Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 7 of The Case of the Wounded Head series
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
308
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,087

The Investigator and the Outside Consultant

Summary:

Characters: Don, Larry
Rating: FRK, PG
Summary:  Don calls for help.
Series: The Case of the Severed Head
Word Count: 300
Disclaimer: Not my characters (except when they are), not my world, making no money.
Feedback: Yes, please! Feed the author!
A/N: Thanks to my betas, dani and munchkin.

Work Text:



The Investigator and the Outside Consultant
by Irena Adler


"Larry, I need your help!"
 
"Agent Eppes, what can I do for you today?"
 
"It's actually `Uncle Don' that needs your help."
 
"Oh? Is everything alright with your adoptive niece?"
 
"I need a rocket, Larry."
 
"Um … Don, you do realize that I don't actually own the space shuttle?"
 
"Well, yeah, but—"
 
"In fact, I was merely a passenger. The pilot was a remarkably steady-handed woman named Amelia Paches. We had several interesting conversations concerning the physics and the metaphysics of `piercing' the atmosphere of Earth."
 
"Larry, I meant a model rocket. How high do they get?"
 
"I imagine that would depend on the means of propulsion and other factors."
 
"You mean you – Nena, just head to the car, I'll be right behind you – you mean you don't do model rockets?"
 
"Not since I was a small child. I've been more interested in aspects of astrophysics that could not be tested with cardboard and firecrackers."
 
"I need firecrackers?"
 
"I don't think so, for a rocket. A firecracker's energy is expended omni-directionally and probably wouldn't give you the desired thrust."
 
"It needs to go high. Do I just go to a hobby store?"
 
"I doubt that an off-the-shelf purchase would give you significant altitude."
 
"Larry, man, I need a rocket!"
 
"May I ask the nature of the urgency of this situation?"
 
"Nena thinks I launched a doll's head into space."
 
"I must not have heard you correctly. A doll's head?"
 
"Yeah, but I just hit it out of sight and if I don't find a way to stop her from launching the Lego spaceships now that I know about them, it's going to be my fault somehow."
 
"Lego spaceships?"
 
"Please, Larry, can you help me? My `cool uncle' credentials are on the line!"
 
"Agent Eppes, I shall do my utmost."

 

end