Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
476
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
19
Hits:
1,669

By Your Bedside

Summary:

Jordan talks to Shawn while Shawn is unconscious... Heartache ensues. 

Work Text:

BY YOUR BEDSIDE… (Jordan and Shawn Talking)
2.11.06

“I know they all think I don’t care… I’m aware they all think I’m mad… The meek will inherit the Earth… Well, there’s a chance, isn’t there..? Shawn, there is a chance, isn’t there..??”

“I know he’s here for me… I can’t tell him I know, but I do… I’m aware that he is holding my hand; that he has sneaked in here to be with me, though I can’t see how… Not exactly.”

“Maybe, Richard’s right… I’m manipulating the weak. God, but you weren’t weak, Shawn… Though Heaven knows, you are now…”

“Don’t cry, Jordan… I know you feel like crying… You’re right. Something has got to be done, though God knows if there’s a right answer…”

“There’s a demand for Promisin. And, an army is needed to fight the one that comes against us. Maybe, I am an unstable ego-maniac, maybe we all are, but if those who are on the streets taking the Promisin can get their chance, they’ll show us the good that can be done with the stuff…”

“You have to have faith, Jordan. You taught me that… Twice. I’m sorry I doubted you. You said it was as much to show the others that I was right, as to teach me… You said you had faith in my heart…”

“If only I could take you with me, Shawn. If only it went as it was supposed to, and you were with me, day and night, and I could reach out and hold you…”

“When you stood before me, and you’d returned… My mind. Oh, God, it was explosive! I mean, you were here. You were alive again! And, I knew you’d protect me from a life with Isobel. Thank you, Jordan..! Oh, God! Can you see it?! I’m sure I’ve got one… I’m remembering the night when you came back, Jordan… I’m remembering that door finally being closed, holding the two of us in your office. Just being held by you as we stood there, feeling your longer hair against my face. Then, tearing at you with kisses, tears were running down my face! I can still feel them! I wonder if I’m crying?! I was clinging to you, to your shirt, and then, to your body, and you helped me… You undressed along with me… We got to the floor. I was on my back. You were over me -This glistening creature back from the wild. So beautiful, so tangible… I know I gripped on to you, didn’t I?? And you looked into my eyes, and you held me, too, and you loved me…”

“Shawn, wake up, my darling… I need you…”

 

The End