Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
452
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
26
Hits:
1,121

A Tale Before Bedtime

Summary:

Harry and Mattie (from the Xena storyline that includes a future where Xena is reincarnated in 'Joxer' (Harry's) body, and then, everyone switches back!) are cuddled up in bed together - This is a tongue in cheek moment inspired by a line somewhere in those episodes where Joxer/Harry/Xena is revealed to like wearing women's underwear (because of Xena's influence??)

Work Text:

A Tale Before Bedtime…

Mattie rolled over in bed, and watched her partner sleeping… She lay, watching, for a very long time, because it was only when Harry said,
“Hello…”

…that Mattie realised she had been quite mesmerised.

Harry cuddled into Mattie. It was a cold night, ever the more essential that they stay pressed together!

“You feel nice and silky tonight, my dear…” Mattie teased, that devilish smile of an angel on her lips.

Harry nearly blushed… He did less of that just lately though. He knew Mattie accepted him for what he was. “You like it, you know you do..!” He tapped her nose with a gentle finger of endeared admonishment.

“It is kinda nice, having the best of both worlds..!” Mattie confessed. “Tell me, did you start rifling through Annie’s underwear drawer before your Xena Vigilante outings, or just because of them..??” She grinned, speaking of when Harry had been Xena in spirit and when Harry/Xena had been Annie/Joxer’s husband. Long since, of course, their souls had been correctly reunited with the correspondingly reborn body… But the memories were still there, and there had always been the vestiges of the original soul the body was meant for, and now, did indeed home... Mattie did love Annie, as Gabrielle had loved Xena. Of course she did. Harry let her. He understood it. It was just a fact or factor of their life together…

Truth be told, in his own way, Harry felt equally as much love and loyalty for Annie. Nothing had changed there. They were always a family. An unconventional one, maybe… But still filled with such amazing love and care… And, surprisingly, Harry was not jealous at all of Annie and his wife, Mattie – because, this time around, he found that Mattie, the woman he loved, did love him, too; the way he had forever wanted her to. “Well now,” he held onto her, “that would be telling..! What do you think??” He teased as all these thoughts washed over him again.

“The Xena I remember didn’t have much tolerance for the softer side of her femininity..!” Mattie stated.

“Maybe, that explains it then..!” Harry admitted.

“Aha!” Mattie smiled. “You’ve been making up for lost time!!”

“It’s time for total truth between us,” Harry began, “You enjoy it as much as I do!!”

“Mmm…” Mattie prolonged the moment. “Well, now, my total truth Teddy Bear, that really would be telling..!!!” She kissed Harry. “But it’s a sweet enough compulsion..!” She caressed him gently.

“… I knew it!” Harry had won the argument. He could tell. He knew he had her, and he was always going to be grateful…

 

THE END…

Written: 22.12.03/Editted: 7.7.06