Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
293
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,458

A Man For Every Season

Summary:

A bittersweet life after the Stargate Program fic; for Jack and Sam...

Work Text:

Drabble 12.8.05

 

A Man For Every Season…

Jack sat there, in the middle of Fall; the float on the end of the line before him bobbing in the cold water…

His children were wrapped up in scarves and mittens, their mother watching them from the veranda, and he was aware of it all. Here was Heaven, so what was Heaven like!??
Sam walked up behind him, passing him a new mug of hot coffee.

He looked like a vagrant on the streets, the embodiment of scruffy, holding the warm coffee gratefully, drinking it quickly, as if it would be taken from him without a moment’s notice. – But he was also the very embodiment of contentment. “I love you…” She knelt beside him, catching her breath. “I really love you…”
They turned over their shoulders in unison. Jack forgot the fishing, and stood up momentarily, before Sam obligingly moved the deckchair she’d been kneeling beside. They were watching the children in a picture postcard scene that involved the leaves of fall raining down on them; their squeals of joy as the leaves touched them, coming down from the sky, the love that would always be with them.

Sam turned to Jack.
He was gone… Finding out what this new Heaven was like…
Sam looked to the sky. She blew a kiss upward. “I know you’re a man for all Seasons.” She sobbed quietly, steeling herself to say it; “Not just Fall – Not just the end of your life!” She walked over to their children then, still talking to him. “Should they see you like this?”
Too many years of being exposed to God knows what had taken Jonathan Jack O’Neill’s life into the not so new territories of Heaven…