Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
555
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
12
Hits:
817

The Shadow of His Love

Summary:

Rating: G
Bobby/Hank
Summary: Bobby stands and watches his love from the safety of the shadows, longing for a day that he knows will never come. Slash.
Warnings: Slash
Disclaimer: Bobby "Iceman" Drake, Hank "Beast" McCoy, all other characters mentioned within, and the X-Men are © & TM Marvel comics, not the author, and are used without permission. Everything else is © & TM the author. The author makes absolutely no profit off of this work of fan fiction, and no copyright infringement is intended.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:


The Shadow of His Love
by Pirate Turner

 

He still remembered the first time those mighty, furry arms had wrapped around him. They had been young and out on one of their first missions when he had been targeted. He hadn't even known it until Hank had bounded out of nowhere, thrown his arms around him in a tight embrace, and rolled with him out of harm's way, allowing the bullet that had been meant for him to explode into the chest of the man he had just been facing.

His hero had rolled with him until they were well out of the pathway of danger, and he had been left on top of him, still cradling his considerably smaller body. Bobby had not pondered the situation then, but only upon looking back at it later had he realized that, despite Hank's much larger form, he had not felt crushed at all. Instead, he had felt nothing but the warm security of his arms around him and the way his heart had pounded like crazy in his chest as he'd gazed up into the sexiest eyes he'd ever seen.

Those eyes still drove him wild to this day. A mere glance during battle, training, planning, or at any other time always had him forgetting everything else, and though Bobby had hated having to get shots at one time, he now looked forward to them for he lost himself in Hank's eyes every time he had to drive a needle into his skin. He knew no pain when he was with Hank as long as he could look into his beloved's eyes, and he knew, no matter how crazy the world got, he'd always have one safe haven ready to protect him in their furry cradle.

He sighed softly as he watched Hank work out in the Danger Room down below, his heart fluttering with each movement the mighty Beast took in his exercise. Oh, how he longed for those arms to wrap around him again! How he ached to tell him how he made him feel with each glance and every word that dripped off of his deep, sensual tongue! How he longed to whisper the three little words that had been burning deep within him ever since that first fateful day!

Bobby touched the screen, wishing he could feel Hank's fur instead. He was alone. Not even his beloved knew he was here, watching him in his private workout as he did at every opportunity he was lucky enough to receive. He took a deep breath and alone, in the observation booth of life, Bobby whispered the tiny words that meant so much to him but that he feared would send his best friend on a run he'd never return from, "I love you, Hank."

Down below, Beast suddenly looked up, and Bobby ducked swiftly back into the shadows. Fear that he might have been seen choked his throat, but Hank returned immediately to his work out with a rolling shrug of his massive, blue shoulders. Bobby stole another long look of his beloved, aching desperately to feel his soft fur against his body and become once more wrapped in the safe haven he'd only ever found in Hank's mighty arms, then forced himself to walk out before he could be discovered. The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.