Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
494
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
760

Excerpts From An Interview

Summary:

Fandom: The Sentinel
Author: Jane Streeter
Pairing: J/B
Rating: G
No warnings or spoilers.
Summary: Jim and Blair interview a very strange victim.
Disclaimer: I ain't made no dough on it, nor any money, either. However, if you think you want to stand up in court, in PUBLIC, and be told THERE that S.S.I., Food stamps, AND Medicaid are all federal programs of which the benefits are Non-Transferable, and thereby make a total ass out of not only yourself but your legal department, AND the board of directors... be my guest. This is something I'd LOVE to get to watch! (I'm equally certain that any cops in or near the courtroom would be equally entertained!)

Work Text:



Excerpts From An Interview
by Ornery

 
Jim and Blair investigating a Sexual Assault:
Interview
 

Woman: I'm Bi-Polar as hell, for one thing. And the sad thing is, I enjoy it. How many bi-polar people enjoy it?
 
Jim, thinking: Now you're starting to sound like Roseanne Barr
 
Woman: I don't have a "valley", I get two "peaks".  No depression, just hyper and hyper-er....
 
Jim, thinking: Do not to look at Blair.
 
Blair, thinking: Lovely, your a therapist's dream
 
Woman: There was one screener down in Texas that said they didn't even have a name for my particular variation on the disorder.
 
Jim: Neat, peachy keen. Great. NOT!
 
Woman: And I think I know why, too.
 
Blair: Finally! "Why would that be?"
 
Woman: Mine's not genetic. I've had three seperate serious brain traumas, two were concussion, one of those had me in a coma for three weeks, and the third..." *pause* "That was Encephalitis."
 
Jim, softening. "Sounds like you got hurt a few times."
 
Woman: My shrinks seem to think MY version is the result of actual INJURY to a gland in there somewhere.
 
Blair: "Yeah, well, DUH!"
 
Woman, smiles slightly: "Yeah, that's what I said." Smiles more. "Yeah, well it didn't help that I was six when the bug bit me, and was just recovering from Chicken Pox at the time. Because of that it took the docs a while to recognize it. <<sigh>> The coma, that was the result of being hit by a car at age 13...the other, comparatively mild concussion was the result of being in a semi when it flipped over on it's side."
 
Jim, alarmed: Jesus, she sounds just like....
 
Woman: "That doesn't count the cuts, scrapes, breaks...hey, I was the youngest of 7 kids, the only female, and I was absolutely convinced that anything they could do, I could do better....and was HONOR BOUND to try." Grins at _expression_ on Ellison's face.
 
Jim: Translation: Accident Prone Tomboy From Hell.
 
Woman:  Point I was making, and have been known to patiently explained to shrinks (in the tone usually reserved for moronic 5-year-olds) Is that the brain is basically all nerves. Nerves, when damaged, regenerate slowly, if at all. Ergo....
 
Blair: "Right, oh man..."
 
Jim: "That more than likely explains quite alot of it."
 
Woman: So I figure, if I can't fix it, I have to go with it: If I have to go with it, I may as well enjoy the ride!
 
Jim bows head in dispair: "It scares the hell out of me, but I think I have to agree with that accessment."
 
Woman: Which brings us back to the reason you're here tonight: This isn't the first time I've been known to scare the hell out of a would-be rapist: But all I did was make him finish what he started....
 
Blair : Starts laughing.
 
Woman: Smiles a little, chuckles, "You know you're frightening when your assailant calls the cops...to protect them from you."
 
 
End