Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 5 of The Travellers Series
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
938
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,341

Day 78

Summary:

Fandom: AtS
Characters: Spike, Angel, OC
Rating: G
Summary: in my Travellers universe
Spike and Angel are being watched by various groups.

Work Text:


Day 78
by Lilithangel
http://www.livejournal.com/users/lilithbint

 

To: Mr Rupert Giles
Cc: Mr Andrew Wells

The subjects have been wandering for the last 78 days.  Wandering is the only appropriate term.  There is no rhyme or reason to their travel.  They barely communicate with each other as far as we can tell, and only talk to strangers if they have to.  If they have any sort of plan they are playing it close to their chests.

The smaller vampire was badly injured recently and they stopped at a motel for several nights until he was well enough to travel.  The larger vampire appeared to be taking care of him, fetching an array of snack food and drink for some reason.  He also went out to hunt and brought down an elk, draining it almost completely and breaking its neck.

It is uncertain how the other vampire was fed unless the larger one offered up a vein.  This is not a regularly observed vampiric action and cannot be verified at this stage as we were unable to get close enough to confirm anything.  The fact that they were back on the road the next night would suggest the smaller was fed in someway.

Investigation of their motel room prior to cleaning suggested they shared a bed.  Possibly to maintain control over the other or for defensive reasons, it was impossible to tell from the state of the room.  Fluid samples have been collected for analysis.  The snack food appeared to have been eaten despite neither vampire requiring the nutrients and there was no evidence of any humans being in the room at any time.  Confirmation was made that there were no strange disappearances or disturbances in the town during their stay.

My earlier reported included the incident in which the larger vampire was injured and the smaller one gave aid.  The smaller was far more vocal in his annoyance, but it did seem to ease their interactions with each other and the larger certainly didn't demonstrate any unwillingness to care for the other.

Yesterday they interrupted a demonic ritual at a crossroad.  Although neither appears to be at full strength they easily bested the six demons and freed the two sacrifices.  Identity of demons unknown, please find attached images and DNA for verification will follow.

Their motivation for stopping the ritual is unknown at this point.  The two witnesses seemed disinclined to comment.  This is a common reaction when survivors are interviewed.  My current theory is that the subjects are in some way threatening the witnesses and compelling them to keep silent.  It may be possible that there is some sort of misguided loyalty to their rescuers, and we cannot rule out mind control either.

They are aware we are following them but don't seem to care.  It also seems that others are watching the pair and I would like to request another team to investigate these others and make a threat analysis.

The subjects have begun to travel together rather than as reported earlier.  The smaller vampire still does most of the talking for both of them, but the larger now travels at his side.  They have exhibited
unusual levels of concern for each other in marked contrast to most of their kind.  It may be some sort of survival adaption that will fall apart if they find safety.  This would seem likely considering their earlier recorded behaviour with each other.

There has still been no contact with the Zarathustrians, although they are heading close to the territory we believe controlled by this group.  It is possible that the subjects are planning to join the
group in their stated intention of ruling the world as the rightful heirs of Zarathustra and the ultimate Over Man.  It may be that the subjects intend to attempt an overthrow the group for their own purposes.  It is also possible, based on their erratic travelling, that neither subject has any knowledge of the group at all and may just stumble upon them or walk right past.

Preliminary observations would suggest that the two vampires do not have an agenda or goal at this stage.  However it is possible that their awareness of our proximity is ensuring they are unable to focus on whatever their real goal is.

Further observations remain needed although we may attempt to fall back a little and see if they relax their guard.  Sarah and Gabby have been able to work on their training with the few demonic
survivors the vampires leave.  Gabby has expressed the opinion that the vampires left survivors for them to take care of.  I cannot see that myself, unless it was an attempt to shake our pursuit.  The
girls dealt with the threats in a satisfactory manner.

Sarah has reported two incidents of Slayer dreams involving the vampires, but given the graphic nature of the dreams I suspect it has more to do with the physical appeal of them than any true prophetic warning.  Despite not being informed of the identity of our subjects both slayers are certain from their slayer memories that they know who they are.  I have refused to confirm or deny their assumptions in case it colours their actions in any way.

I would also suggest further investigation into slayer memories.  Both of my charges have expressed almost tender feelings for the vampires.  Considering their lack of direct contact with both subjects, and natural slayer antipathy towards vampires and all demons, it may be residual memories from either of the two primary slayers.  This could cause complications if we do prove the subjects' affiliation to the Zarathustra Group, and while I am confident of my charges it may be necessary for a secondary team to complete the mission.

 

Nathan Twickford
Watcher.

 

end

Series this work belongs to: