Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of The Case of the Wounded Head series
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
291
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
5
Hits:
1,083

The Case of the Wounded Head

Summary:

Characters: Charlie/Colby, ?
Rating: FRK, PG
Summary: Charlie and Colby investigate a gruesome murder.
Word Count: 300
Disclaimer: Not my characters (except when they are), not my world, making no money.
Feedback: Yes, please! Feed the author!
A/N: Thanks to my betas.

Work Text:

 

 

The Case of the Wounded Head
by IrenaAdler

"Blunt force trauma," Charlie pronounced.

"No doubt," Colby agreed. "The whole side of her head is bashed in."

"Nasty. I could mathematically extrapolate a shape from the indentation."

"I'm guessing a baseball bat."

"Classic blunt instrument," Charlie said wryly. "Are there any wood slivers in the wound? Forensics can do amazing things with wood `fingerprinting' these days, though you know I hate actual fingerprinting."

"We would just need enough to match it to something owned by a suspect."

Charlie nodded. "Do you think the head wound was the cause of death or the …"

"Decapitation?" Colby completed, then shrugged. "Hard to say. I'd guess they happened close together."

"How do you think her head was … removed? That might help us."

"Hmm," Colby said. "Some kind of saw, perhaps? Or hammer and chisel?"

Charlie grimaced. "I think a saw is more likely."

"True. But you know, it would be hard to both hold the body and saw so maybe we should be looking for a couple of people."

"You may be right." Charlie pondered the mutilated head. "Why do you think the hair was cut off? Some kind of ritual or fetish?"

Colby shook his head. "Then it would be shaved or something. This was just hacked off with scissors. Maybe it was in the way?"

"Of the saw?"

"Yeah. Or maybe they saved the hair as a trophy."

"That would be foolish, since it would tie the murderers directly to the crime."

"Just because it's stupid, doesn't mean criminals won't do it, believe me."

"We haven't even addressed motive–"

"There it is!" Nena said, grabbing the doll's head from Colby. "Now Grandpa and me can play baseball!"

Nena raced away and Colby and Charlie watched her go.

"Kids these days," Charlie said sadly. "Completely numb to violence."

 

end

Series this work belongs to: