Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2008-06-18
Words:
1,763
Chapters:
2/2
Comments:
3
Kudos:
13
Bookmarks:
5
Hits:
2,128

Space Wander

Summary:

Fandom: Sentinel
Disclaimer: Own nothing, mean no harm
Series: Eventually, if enough people want it
Warnings: AU, Blair Military ( sort of )
Pairing: Jim/Blair, other same sex couples, not beta'd ( any takers? )
Summary : Blair, Jim, and the others meet in a different time, place, and way.
Rating : PG for language, eventual NC 17 for same sex relations

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

 

Space Wander
by Silver Dragon
silverdragonsi@icqmail.com

 

Aboard the space station Coltron 9

"Hey Wolf, what do you think the big stink is this time." Lt John "Quick" Harris asked his roommate.

Lt. Blair "Wolf" Sandburg, looked up from the terminal, where his Mother's latest rant
was displayed. "Big Stink?" he queried, looking puzzled. His expression turned to enlightenment. "Oh, you mean why all the specialized teams that have been going through lately." He held up his hand to stop his friends comment, "Yes, and why some of our normal personnel are going with them. Well, from the personnel, that have left the Station, they are all people with special abilities, or skills that set them apart." Blair shook his head. "But what the mission or missions are . . . No clue." Blair began to return to his message only to hear his roommate begin again. He quickly saved the message knowing that this would end up being another long discussion. He mentally chuckled, knowing that was part of the reason they were assigned quarters together. They were the only person on station that could put up with the others constant talking. He smiled and tuned into the conversation.

John looked at Blair, took a breath, waited till his roommate realized the discussion had just begun, then started talking. "Blair, what do you mean special abilities, or skills that set them apart? I mean, I know Lt Nor, is a telepath. Lt Johnson is a teek. Ensign Jacque is a touch healer. Those I understand but what about the others, Rune, Jones, Quies, I don't know of any talent being involved with them."

John watched his roommate. He knew Blair was going through that data storage thing he called his brain.

Blair's eyes lit and he began to speak.

"I don't know much about them." he said quietly. "But they are all, as far as I know, trained but un-bonded guides." he finished softly, a sad look in his eye.

"Do you think they will be asking you. I know you finished your training. It would . . ." he trailed off at the slow shaking of his friends head.

"No, John, they won't." It was said with surety. "I'm from Lupine 7. They can't deny a guide the training, but I will never be bonded." The grief in Blair's tone showed more then the words, how this thought devastated his friend.

"Blair, why? I don't understand. So your Lupine, so what."

"You've known me for years now, my friend, but have you forgotten your first reaction. You surely remember the horror that flew through your mind, when they told you where I was from." They both paused remembering. "What was the first question? Oh yes, 'Can it control itself enough, that it won't rip out my throat one night?' Don't worry John it amuses me now. The question is how many people, do you think still react that way to me? Even those that I've worked with for years. Hell it took you six months, to stop sleeping with your weapon." He heard his roomie gasp. "Yes, John, I knew." He shrugged. "I'm used to it. Most people are afraid. Hell I suppose I would be afraid of someone who can change into a Direwolf the size of an Old Earth Lion." Blair shook his head. "Besides that, you have the fact that I am one of the few of my people in space. You know we have a pack mentality. Without that pack we go crazy. So most of the stories people hear are of one of us losing it. None of that would lead them to believe I be able to help stabilize a Sentinel. Most, from what I've overheard, figure I'd wait for a zone and snack on the poor person. No, I seriously don't they'd ever want me bonded to a Sentinel."

Approaching Coltron 9

Banks looked at his best friend and second. Captain James "Panther" Ellison was not looking good. Ever since his temporary guide had left, no damn it, Betrayed Jim, the sentinel's senses had
been giving him problems. "Jim are you going to be ok?"

Ellison looked up, at his friend and commander. He wanted to say he would be fine, but he was beginning to wonder. He'd never had problems with using a temporary guide before this. Why the problems now? "Honestly, Simon, I don't know. Everything is spiking first one way then another. Dirt, I don't understand this. I've never had this kind of reaction. I've had eight different guides. Why is this different? It isn't like this stupid one was any better than the others. Hell he wasn't as good as most, and we had a lighter bond then any of the others." Ellison shook his head. " t's gotten so bad I actually went and saw Joel for something to try and help. No luck. If I don't find an anchor soon . . ." he trailed off not wanting to finish the thought. Trying to dismiss his trouble, he asked, "What is this mission going to be about, Simon. And why in Heca's name do we have to go to Coltron 9."

Simon shrugged, "It's on the way to the system we are headed to. All the orders say is we are to pick up supplies, and 'specialists nesecary for this mission' and that further instructions would be sent. We are to stay at the station till they arrive. At least the station is big enough to have entertainments. It's the last stop before the Outer Systems. Ok place to visit, but I wouldn't want it to be home. We`re about six hours out. Maybe they`ll have something to help with the senses."

Ellison laughed grimly, "Yeah a guide no one else is crazy enough to take I'll bet."

 

end part 1