Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
261
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
905

This Life

Summary:

Peter reflects on his life as Spiderman

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Swinging from building to building, he could feel the breeze him his covered face. Sometimes he wished he could be free to this without the need to protect his identity. He was Peter Benjamin Parker, and yet despite this he was also Spider-man. It had all begun when he had been bitten by that spider, he had been transformed from the geeky science lover to the friendly neighbourhood Spider-man, and it pained him that he could not truly share his new life with those around him.

Maybe if those he loved knew the truth they would be safer. Then again maybe they wouldn’t he had lost Gwen Stacy to the Green Goblin. His uncle had been killed by a thief he had refused to arrest; and now all he had was Mary Jane and his beloved Aunt May.

He hid all his feelings behind the mask, everything that happened to Peter was forgotten when he put on that mask. He was a vigilante, who the public loved and hated at the same time. The daily bashings that Spider-man received from Daily Bugle fed his need to be Spider-man, he deserved all that hate that he received, people had died because of him and now he had to save those he could for redemption.

Spider-man was his penance; and as he stared out at New York, the lights of the Big Apple blinding him, he sighed as he realised that he would never escape this, it was his destiny, and his fate to bring death to the doors of those he loved.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author spacemonkey101.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.