Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
459
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,685

Contemplation - Bloodbath

Summary:

Hutch's POV
Eppy "Bloodbath"

Work Text:

 


Contemplation - Bloodbath
by Purry

When I went into the men's room and saw all that blood, oh man! I just about lost it right then and there. My partner and best friend was nowhere to be seen but his name, 'Starsky', was written on the mirror in blood. At the time, my only thought was, "Is that Starsky's blood?!" I fervently began to pray that it wasn't, that it couldn't be. For, if it were Starsky's, he couldn't possibly be alive.
 
What seemed like hours, but in reality, only thirty minutes had passed before the courthouse was surrounded with black and whites. The Press appeared from out of nowhere. Captain Dobey made his way to the scene in record time. There was no doubt as to who was in charge of this situation. One of his men had been kidnapped and whoever took him would have hell to pay.
 
We knew who had Starkey, at least, we knew who had ordered it to be done. Simon Marcus, a dirty bag Starsk had nailed and was going to testify against. He ordered his cronies to abduct the one person that could put him away for the rest of his life.
 
I felt like a man possessed. Starsky was missing. I had only one thing on my mind, ¡find my partner, alive¢. The wild goose chase I¢d been sent on was almost more then my nerves could take. I wanted to pound the crap out of Marcus to get the information that I so desperately needed to save my friend.
 
With time running out, like sand through an hourglass, I *would not* give up hope, especially when it seemed all hope was lost. Then the break I had been waiting for came as the dawning of a new day begun; it was also the morning set to be Starsky¢s execution.

The attempted murder of my partner was underway when I got to the old zoo. I still don¢t know how Starsky, in his weakened state, was able to hold them off. He did, thank God, and he even wound up saving my life.
 
Now Starsk not only had to testify against Simon Marcus, but also the people who had carried out his orders. Matthew, Luke and Peter, their real names are lost to me, will be charged with kidnapping and attempted murder. Gail had been placed in protective custody, at Starsky¢s request. She would turn states evidence against Marcus and would be able to start life over fresh with a new identity.
 
Sitting here in Mercy Hospital, in this not so comfortable chair next to Starsky¢s bed, I can¢t believe it¢s over and Starsky is safe.
 
That is, until the next time.

The End