Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 13 of Irrational Fears
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
314
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,734

From Campus to Campus

Summary:

Characters: Marshall Penfield, David, Megan
Rating:
FRK, PG
Summary:
Marshall is distracted by a pattern.
Series: Irrational Fears
Word Count: 300
Disclaimer:
Not my characters (except when they are), not my world, making no money.
Feedback:
Yes, please! Feed the author!
A/N: Thanks to my betas.

Work Text:

 

 

From Campus to Campus
by Irena Adler

 

The Feds marched Marshall across most of the campus - where did they park, San Diego? - and the only words spoken were Marshall reassuring more passersby. Finally, they reached a big black SUV that screamed either `Fed' or `Drug Dealer'.

As they drove downtown, Marshall looked out the window. How about the title, `A Call for the Critical Assessment of Cognitive Emergence' or, better yet, `Cognitive Emergence: The Math of X-files?'

They reached some office buildings, parked, and Marshall was led into an elevator.

"Reeves ..." Marshall said with sudden insight. "Are you dating Fleinhart?"

Reeves eyed him then nodded.

"Wow, I didn't expect you to be ... attractive."

Reeves raised her eyebrows.

"I mean, Fleinhart's the geekiest geek there is. Hmm, Eppsie and his boy, another geek and Fed. Is this a trend? I'm a mathematician, I look for patterns. Agent Sinclair, are you dating a geek?"

Sinclair shot him a murderous glance.

"Touchy," Marshall said. "So either `yes', `maybe', or `you wish you were'."

Sinclair looked away and his jaw bulged.

"I guess opposites really do attract." Marshall turned back to Reeves. "I'm a single geek. Do you know any eligible Feds in the Princeton area? Women, of course, though I'm sure there are some perfectly lovely men."

Reeves's grip on Marshall's arm tightened painfully. As he tried to protest, the elevator door opened and Marshall was practically dragged through a busy office and plunked down at a table in a glass-walled room.

Reeves removed his handcuffs. "Wait here. Quietly." She stalked out, Sinclair on her heels.

"I don't think I'd want to date a Fed after all," Marshall grumbled, rubbing his wrists. "Lousy conversationalists."

The door reopened and in walked someone who looked no more pleased to see him.

"Professor Penfield," Agent Don Eppes said. "Welcome to my classroom."

end

Series this work belongs to: