Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2008-06-09
Words:
1,034
Chapters:
2/2
Kudos:
17
Hits:
1,674

A New Beginning for Skinner

Summary:

Permission to Archive:OK
Fandom: X-Files
Genre: Het
Pairing: Skinner/OC
Rating: Frt
Spoiler: Avatar

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

 

A New Beginning for Skinner
by Mummiehelen
grhesc@yahoo.com

The day started out like any other, who would have thought that it could change his life. It was the third anniversary of Sharon's death and he dutifully went to visit her grave. Technically, they were still married when she died. He'd never signed the papers, hoping for a chance at reconciling once she recovered.

Now he kneeled at her headstone and, not paying attention to the gathering storm clouds,placed the flowers and told her everything he should have before she asked for the divorce. He did this every time, perhaps to purge his guilt. This time, he could have sworn he heard her answer.

"You can't go on like this Walter. You still have a chance to live the life we should have if you'll only let fate guide your destiny."

His head shot up and he looked around but, the place was empty on this weekday morning.He stood and brushed at his pants, then left.

He drove around aimlessly, reluctant to go back to work without really knowing why. Then he spotted her on the busy sidewalk. It was Sharon! He knew her stride, the way she carried herself. He followed her but, couldn't keep track and drive at the same time. So he parked in the first open spot and continued on foot.

He had almost caught up to her when suddenly there was a clap of thunder and it began pouring down rain. She turned the corner as he was about to call out her name. He rounded it at a fast trot and ran headlong into a woman running toward the cab stand.

Odd thing was, there wasn't another soul on the previously crowded sidewalk and no trace of Sharon.


end