Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 11 of Irrational Fears
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
306
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,312

This Joke

Summary:

Characters: Marshall Penfield, Colby/Charlie, ?
Rating:
FRK, PG
Summary:
Marshall expects rescue.
Series: Irrational Fears
Word Count: 300
Disclaimer:
Not my characters (except when they are), not my world, making no money.
Feedback:
Yes, please! Feed the author!
A/N: Thanks to my beta.

Work Text:

 

 

This Joke
by Irena Adler

Eppsie's thug answered the door. Marshall couldn't see who it was - he was hoping for the department chair or campus security, but a student would be fine - then two strangers stepped inside. Marshall frowned in disappointment. It was a man and a woman, and they looked like Feds. Indeed, they spoke quietly to the thug.

Still, when they walked towards him, the woman smiled in greeting. She was quite attractive, in a government sort of way, and Marshall sat up straighter.

"Dr. Penfield?"

"Yes!" Marshall replied. "Am I glad to see you!"

"I'm Agent Reeves and this," she waved towards the black man with her, "Is Agent Sinclair. I understand there's been some difficulties?"

"Difficulties?" Marshall repeated snidely. "I've been roughed up, hand-cuffed and tossed on the floor, what do you think?"

"I see," Reeves said. She nodded to the other agent who easily lifted Marshall to his feet.

"Finally!" Marshall said and rattled the handcuffs meaningfully. "Someone needs to put a leash on Eppsie and his pet gorilla."

"Dr. Penfield," Reeves said, her voice dropping several degrees in temperature. "We have some questions for you."

"Then ask!" Marshall snapped, frustrated and remembering too late that he probably shouldn't criticize the thug to the other thugs. "And get these cuffs off! Don't you have a universal key or something?"

"If you would come with us," she said. The thug who had hold of Marshall's arm was now walking him towards the door.

"Come where?"

"To our office, to answer some questions."

"To your ..." He stared at her and stumbled forward a few more steps.

Eppsie moved aside as Marshall neared the door.

Marshall snarled, "Eppes, this joke has gone too far!"

"It's not a joke," Eppsie replied flatly. "And you're the only one who doesn't seem to realize that."

 

end

Series this work belongs to: