Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
259
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
20
Hits:
1,744

A "Blocking Messages in Mozilla Thunderbird" NavOT

Summary:

For the uninformed, a NavOT is a penalty post sent to the NavyNCISslash list in exchange for posting a OT. Based on the Obsenends of Sentinel fandom. The title of this one explains what the OT discussed was concerning

Work Text:

 

 

A "Blocking Messages in Mozilla Thunderbird" NavOT
by Lokemele

 

"Whatcha doing, Probie?" DiNozzo asked.

"I'm blocking the email addy of a cyberbully," McGee replied.

"Show me how, McGeek"

"First, I open my mail program -- in this case, Mozilla Firefox.

"Click Tools on the toolbar.

"When the menu drops down, click Message Filters. A box will pop up; click "New" on the right side. Another box will pop up containing 2 smaller boxes.

"Above the boxes will be a space called Filter name. You can use this to keep track of who you've blocked.

"Below that is a sentence "For incoming messages that:". Click the circle next to "Match all of the following".

"In the top small box, you'll see 2 drop down menus. The leftmost one shows "Subject"; click on the arrow to the right and change that box to "From".

"The middle box will show "contains"; change that to "is".

"Either type or cut and paste the email address of the person you want blocked into the rightmost block (You might also want to put it in the Filter name block).

"Go down to the lower box and click the arrow next to "Move message to" and choose the option you want.

"Click OK; the second box will close and your new "rule" will appear in the first box. Select it and click "Run Now" at the bottom of the box. This will clear all the messages addressed from your cyberbully in your Inbox, and hopefully you'll never see another."

 

end NavOT fic

I pulled a Peja, and put the penalty in the message (heehee)!

Hope this helps somebody.