Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of First Impressions
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
510
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
19
Bookmarks:
3
Hits:
2,336

First Impressions

Summary:

Rating: none
Pairing: J/B always
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: still not mine
Summary: Yet another first meeting

Work Text:

 

 

First Impressions
by Kata Avalon
kata_avalon@yahoo.co.uk


"Oh, come on, Blair. It's obvious that Moran killed Mazzere for having an affair with his wife," Megan stated. She had made up her mind.

"At the moment, we've only Moran's son's testimony that the two *had* an affair. We've gotta have more before going to Banks and demanding an arrest warrant," Blair reminded patiently as they walked side by side to Major Crimes. They had been talking of their latest case non-stop since they left the crime scene on the other side of Cascade. This was not uncommon for the pair. The two detectives worked well together just because they often had opposite views of a case.

"Hi, guys," Brown greeted them by the doors to the department. "Have you heard? We had a break through in the Mayan murder case."

"Congratulations," Megan said, stopping by Brown. "Did you find a clue?"

"Better, we have a suspect in custody." You could practically see Brown preening. The so-called Mayan murderer had already killed five young men, tattooing an old South American symbol on them before slitting their throats.

"Really? Who is it?" Blair had a weird feeling at the back of his head, as if a low level alarm had gone off.

"A former military who went nuts during a mission in Peru." Brown paused for an effect. "A latent sentinel."

"A sentinel?!" Megan sounded genuinely surprised.

"A latent sentinel," Blair reminded. "It could be he's been suffering from errand senses for years. It's been known to affect mental health."

"Looks like that's what happened here," Brown commented, sounding sad. Two of his cousins were sentinels.

"Could I see him?" Blair asked. This was Brown and Rafe's case, not his, and he did not want to be seen as putting his nose into other detectives' cases and affairs. He had done that mistake early in his career in the CPD, never again.

"Sure, Rafe's with him in interrogation room three."

"Thanks. I'll see you later," the young detective told Megan as he took off to see the newest murder suspect.

The odd feeling at the back of his head got stronger the closer he got to the interrogation room. He had a really bad feeling about this.

"Hi, Rafe." The stylish detective was standing just outside the interrogation room, sipping on a coffee cup with an image of Hello Kitty on it, a gift from his niece he claimed. "Heard you got lucky on your case."

"Looks like it," Rafe said. "Just waiting for the senior guide to arrive so we can begin the interrogation."

"Heard he was a latent sentinel," Blair commented as he turned to look through the one-way mirror. A large man with close-cropped hair and a stained college shirt was sitting by a table, toying with an empty coffee cup. The man turned his head to look straight at Blair.

Recognition hit Blair like a truck. *He's my sentinel.* There was no mistaking the fuzzy and crisp feeling in his head, and heart. *Just my luck. I hope to gods he's not guilty.*


end part 1

Series this work belongs to: