Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2008-07-14
Words:
5,743
Chapters:
12/12
Kudos:
23
Hits:
6,278

Untitled Continuation Fanfic

Summary:

Final Fantasy 7
Disclaimer: I don't own 'em. I ain't gettin' paid.
Archive?: Yes

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

 


Untitled Continuation Fanfic
by Sephiroth


-Chapter 1-

The materia seller was counting her gil as she sat behind the fallen log that served as her display counter. The town of Mideel had been damaged rather severely in the recent earthquake. People still sold their wares, however. They did not like to take charity and would not accept foreign aid. Instead, they planned to earn the money to rebuild their homes, no matter how long that took.

Not far from the materia seller, another resident of Mideel sold accessories and chocobo feed. He'd lost his wife in the earthquake. The customers that came to his little shop, a small table built from the broken lumber that had once been his home, made his days just a little less lonely.

A girl of about ten played with her pet chocobo just as she'd done before the earthquake had devestated their town. At the age of ten, she'd had very little to lose and those things she needed most, her parents and her pet, had not been harmed in the quake. Her home had been destroyed, but this bothered her mother and father far more than it did her.

She ran after the chocobo as it raced down the slope leading to the shimmering pond in the middle of the wreckage.

"Trisha! Don't get too close to there!" the materia seller called out after the girl. She was a neighbor of the ten year old girl and had babysat for Trisha on several occasions. She glanced over to the item seller who nodded that he would look after her wares while she watched over Trisha. In a town that small and that close-knit words were
seldom needed.

"Thank you." she said as she stood up and went to the pond's edge. As she caught up with Trisha, the skies opened up and the rain fell down to earth in large droplets.

"Let's get away from the shoreline," she suggested as she led the child and her pet away from the edge of the mako pond.

They were almost to the top of the slope when the chocobo turned and ran back.

"Cho-cho!" Trisha called as she turned and started to follow.

"No!" the materia seller shook her head. "You stay here. I'll go get Cho-cho."

Trisha nodded. It was hard for her to obey her babysitter's orders. She wanted to know her pet was okay. "Okay, Miss Windy." she promised.

As Windy made her way back down the embankment, a new sound reached her ears. It was a sound that she as a veteran babysitter knew very well; the wail of an infant.

"Oh my gods," she said as she saw what the chocobo female had lead her to. A tiny a newborn infant lay naked and crying on the shore of the mako pond. She reached down and picked up the shivering infant.

"What've you got there, Miss Windy?" Trisha asked.

"It's a baby." Windy replied.

"What kind of baby?" Trisha wanted to know.

"A little boy." Windy told her. The infant wailed, demandingly, at the top of his lungs. "A very hungry little boy." She headed over to the food and medicine stop. It felt odd to call a large flat boulder a 'shop', but the owner had his pride and Windy respected that.

"I need some baby formula." she told the owner.

The owner, a woman of forty years, reached down behind the rock and handed Windy one of the child-care kits she sold to new moms. It included everything; formula, diapers, baby shampoo, even a sinus bulb.

"Does your mother still make baby clothes?" Windy asked.

"Sure does." the older woman laughed. "I'll have her whip something up for your little boy. So, does he have a name?"

"Not yet," Windy replied. "I think I'll wait and see what color his hair is going to be. Right now its a toss-up between Dana and Tali". If he's got dark hair I'm naming him Dana. If he's got light hair, I'm naming him Tali.**"

Baby hair grows in relatively fast and it didn't take long for Windy to realize that this infant was neither a Dana nor a Tali. She finished dressing the baby and put its hat on to keep its head warm, then headed from the ruins of her house to the log that was her shop.

At lunch, she swung by the food and medicine shop.

"So, which is it?" the shopkeeper asked. "Dana or Tali?"

With a patient sigh, Windy removed the baby's hat revealing the  infant's shimmering silver hair.

"Sephiroth."

end part 1