Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
272
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,353

Helpless Rage

Summary:

Fandom: NCIS
Characters: Spoilery
Word Count: 267
Rating: Child
Summary: Spoilery
Author's Notes: SPOILERS for the season finale.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

 

Helpless Rage
by Rainne


"He can't do this!"

The rage she felt was all-consuming, and she didn't realize that she wasn't alone any more until a warm hand descended on her shoulder, pausing her in her fuming. She turned, surprised, and stared at the face of the woman before her. "I know you."

The brown-haired woman shook her head. "We've never met before."

"But I know you. I. I was at your funeral."

"I know." The brown-haired woman took her hand, drawing her away from the scene she had just witnessed. "It's time to go."

"No, I can't yet." She turned back, staring, feeling her fury begin to boil up again. "I have to do something."

"There's nothing you can do. Believe me, I've tried for three years. It's hopeless from this end. You might as well be watching them on television.

"But he can't DO this!"

"Unfortunately, yes, he can. And he has." The brown-haired woman patted her shoulder. "You need to trust Gibbs. He'll make it right. Eventually."

"How?"

Kate Todd smiled slightly. "He'll find a way. Come on; it's Gibbs. He always finds a way."

Jenny Shepard watched with flashing eyes and trembling lips as Gibbs and his team - former team - filed silently out of what once was her office. Then she sighed. "There's really nothing I can do?"

"There's really nothing you can do," Kate confirmed. She squeezed Jenny's shoulder warmly. "Come on. there's someplace else you have to be now."

With one last, rage-filled glance at the man who was now sitting in what once was her chair, Jenny turned and followed Kate into the mist.

--end--

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Rainne.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.