Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
648
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,605

They Never Stood a Chance

Summary:

The last remaining few loyal to the Empire have fallen. It's time to celebrate. somewhat of a xover the Alias Smith and Jones Star War connection finally revealed.

Work Text:

 

They Never Stood a Chance

S.J. SMITH

"YOU'RE HERE!" The blue-eyed man barely had time to react as a whirlwind threw her arms around him. He steadied himself as he hugged her to him. "I though I lost you." She whispered against his neck.

He gave her a kiss on the temple. "You're not getting rid of me that easy," he said with a smile. "I'm okay."  He continued to smile as he looked across the room at the dark haired man standing there.

The look of relief on the older man's face was hard to disguise, even though he was doing his best to try.  "I for one didn't doubt you for a minute Kid." he said with a smile.

"Thanks Han." he said his blue eyes sparkling.  "Hey, I'm your brother, you're stuck with me."

"Even if you weren't my brother I'd want to be stuck with you," she said letting go a little to look up at him.

He ran his hand down her cheek. "It's over." Then gave her a dazzling smile. She gave him a nod and tears filled her eyes. "That was the last of them."

"It's finally over." She said with a weak smile.

"I told you it was over. And I got just the thing to celebrate with," Han said as he started to rummage in a compartment. "It's in here somewhere." He glanced over his shoulder. "I got to say Kid taking on ten men at once. You're getting pretty good with that blaster."

"Well as my," he glanced at Leia, "sorry our, great, great," Luke stopped himself for a moment. "Put about a hundred greats in front of Grandfather, as he use to say. ‘Only one in ten men can hit a moving target. So shoot him first.'"

"I heard that story too." Leia smiled. "When my father," she let out a sigh, "I guess he's my step father now, saw I had a penchant for weapons, he told me all about him."

"It was the only story Uncle Owen ever told me." Luke said taking a seat. "I think he was trying to discourage me from a life of crime."

"Life of crime eh?" Han said bringing a bottle over to the table.

"Is that what I think it is?" Leia asked.

"If you think it's champagne Sweetheart, then it's what you think it is." Han smiled at her as he popped the cork.

"I meant is it General Madine's?" Leia accused. "He's been bragging about it for months. Very rare, all the way from Earth."

"Months huh?" Han winked at Luke. "Rare you say."

"Han it's..." She started.

"Hey as my, put a hundred greats in front of Grandfather, would say, "The only thing you have to earn in life is love." Han bent over and brushed his lips across Leia's, then gave her a wink with an impish grin. "Everything else you can steal."

"That's beautiful." She sighed. "So he was a poet."

"Nah, he stole it." Han chuckled and poured her champagne.

"So when Lando calls you a pirate, he's not far off." Luke said holding out his glass.

"Pirate? Nooooo. My grandfather was one of the most famous outlaws in the history of the old west. Wonder why they call it Old west? I'm mean west is west." He shrugged. "It's that way," he pointed west.  The other shook their heads. "He was also from earth." He said pointing to the bottle.

"Ours too." Luke said surprised.

"Really? I'm named after mine. Hannibal Heyes." Han said with pride.

"Our Grandfather was Kid Curry!" Leia exclaimed.

"Well now that explains it." Han said raising his glass for a toast. "With a Heyes and a Curry together again. The Empire never stood a chance."

The End