Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
617
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
954

Character Debate

Summary:

Jim and Blair discuss a couple of their favourite TV shows...

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Jim came home to find Blair camped out in the living room, coffee table full of papers, laptop with winged toasters flying across the screen, and MacGyver on the TV screen.

"Chief, How can you get any work done?"

"Oh, hey Jim." Blair said before turning his attention back to the television, watching with rapt attention as the longhaired geeky guy proceeded to get himself out of some predicament.

Jim grabbed a beer and joined his roommate, finding a spot on the sofa that hadn't been covered with papers and blue books.

"Chief, what is so special about this guy?"

"Oh man, MacGyver is like the best thing there is. I used to watch every week when it was on the air. This is his Dexter persona," Blair informed him as the longhaired funny talking guy came back on the screen and hopped into an old truck that Jim could appreciate. "He plays Dexter when he needs to do something undercover and not get caught." Blair turned his attention back to the screen until the final credits rolled, then he grabbed the remote and clicked off the TV.

Jim just shook his head, "I don't get MacGyver. Stargate, now that's a show."

"Oh man, no way. No self respecting anthropologist would ever work for the military like that." Blair complained.

"But you know, Chief, that Daniel Jackson reminds me of you."

Blair shook his head, "No way, man."

"Oh yeah. You both don't like heights, he gets beat up almost as much as you do."

"Jim, that is *so* not funny."

"You both have long hair and wire rim glasses."

"Okay so I'll give you that point." Blair begrudged him that one similarity.

"You both are studying weird fields."

"Jim, does that mean you are calling your self weird?"

Jim response was to fling a pillow at Blair.

"Ha ha, Jim, like that was so mature."

"You both have either Military or ex-military person as a best friend." Jim hesitated saying best friend, but it was what he felt.

"That's assuming that I consider you that." Blair teased.

Another pillow went flying at the grad student, just as Blair said "which I do," then tossed the pillow back at Jim.

"Anything else?"

"Hmmm, you're both young for your field."

"Well that's assuming I ever have a field."

"You will..."

"Yeah, right."

"You worry to much, Chief."

"And besides," Blair brought the conversation back to their shows, he didn't want to talk about his diss or lack of one. "Daniel handles guns. I don't and neither does Mac."

"Yes, you have," Jim reminded him quietly.

Blair couldn't respond to that.

"You never listen when you're supposed to, your women tend to be on the dangerous side."

"They are not." Blair tried to point out.

"Maya? Iris?" Jim prompted.

"Well okay, maybe a few of them are. Katie wasn't."

"Chief, she was in the Witness Protection Program."

"Yeah, but, she isn't anymore and we're still friends."

"Okay, true." Jim conceded that point.

"The only good thing about SG1 is that the lead guy happens to be the same guy who played MacGyver."

"But he's better in SG1."

"Jim..."

"Okay. Truce?"

"Sure."

"I assume you are going to finish your MacGyver marathon?" Jim asked waving his beer at the TV.

"Yep."

"You owe me an SG1 marathon if I watch this with you."

Blair thought for a moment, "Okay..."

Jim grinned. He'd hook Sandburg on SG1, he just needed to resist getting himself hooked on MacGyver. Jim watched quietly for a few minutes then sat up straighter when he saw what was pulled out of MacGyver's pocket, "Hey Chief, he has a Swiss Army knife."

Blair grinned, "I know..."

FINIS

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Tiger Moon.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.