Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2004-08-15
Words:
4,088
Chapters:
2/2
Comments:
5
Kudos:
12
Bookmarks:
3
Hits:
2,296

Wizards and Witches and Scoobies Oh My!

Summary:

The set up: Things are going to be very different at Hogwart's this term.
Canon? What canon? I don't see no stinkin' canon.
SPOILERS: None
Answer to Gidgetgirls's challenge at Twisting the Hellmouth. Challenge below story.
FEEDBACK: Please, feed my self-esteem, it's starving.
DISCLAIMER: I want but I can't have, they belong to Joss and Mutant Enemy. No money, no infringement, just wanna borrow with them for awhile. I'll give them back�eventually. All the witches and wizards (except one) belong to J.K. Rawling.
THANKS to Amanda, QueenSereya, for being my beta on this series. I just hope I can write as fast as she beta reads!

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

Wizards and Witches and Scoobies, Oh My!
by Cath

 

Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry 2 weeks before School starts:

This term was shaping up to be very different for the students of Hogwart's. Many students had returned early because of the escalating war against the Dark Lord Voldemort and his Death Eaters. Several students from Slytherin house had sought sanctuary at the school, sanctuary from parents who insisted they take the dark mark and pledge to Voldemort. They not only needed protection from Death Eaters they needed protection from their own parents. It had been a shock to see Draco Malfoy sitting at the Slytherin table last night. No one had even considered that he would fight taking the dark mark. Yes, this year there would be many changes.

That evening there was a special meeting being held in Headmaster Dumbledore's office. Only those directly involved in the latest development were asked to attend. Professors McGonagal and Snape sat on either side of the headmaster's desk. In front of them sat Ron and Ginny Weasley and of course, Potter and Granger were included. Surprisingly, Draco Malfoy was also there. The Gryffindor's and the one Slytherin put as much space as they could between each other.

"I know that Harry and Hermione are not directly involved in this problem but I am sure they will be helping Ron and Ginny as much as they can. I felt it would save time to include them. I would rather hope they will be available to help all of you."

"Headmaster, I don't believe I will require their unique brand of help." Snape looked down his nose at the trio he considered the school troublemakers.

"Severus, you are going t have to have help. You will still have classes to teach and other duties to perform. We must think of what is best for the children." Snape let out a deep sigh but didn't say anymore. "I realize you children do not know the whole of what we are discussing. There will be some changes this year and we must all work together in this matter. There are four children we feel need the protection of this school. Through unforeseen happenings, they have been left to us for protection. We will all have to work together in this. It may be easier if each person involved tells the others what is going on. Ron, would you and Ginny go first." Dumbledore smiled at the two.

"We had a bit of a shocker this summer..."

"A bit? That is a large understatement, Ron." Ginny interrupted.

"Gin, just let me get on with it. Well, Bill's gone missing, that's what started it. Gringott's won't tell us nothing. Bloody goblins..."

"Ron, language." Hermione chastised.

"Well, they won't! Anyway while the family is going crazy, a lady comes to the Burrow and has this little girl with her. Tells us she's Bill's child and her mother has died so we need to take her. Shocked us all, mum's ready to beat Bill bloody over it as soon as we find him. She definitely a Weasley, four years old, red hair and huge green eyes. Turns out her mother's family were on He who Shall not be Named's death list."

"Voldemort, Ron. His name is Voldemort." Harry stated. "We have to quit giving his name power."

"Whatever, Harry. Anyway, that's what happened to her mother. With all the stuff going on with Bill and Percy, mum feels she just isn't safe at the Burrow, especially with mum and dad being gone a lot, doing other...well, you know why Headmaster. So, she will be staying here, with us." Ron took a deep breath, glad to be finished.

"Mr. Malfoy?"

"I just discovered I have..er...had an aunt, on my fa...on Lucius' side of the family. From what I can discover, she became pregnant and the family insisted the baby be `dealt' with. Seems the father was not pure blood enough to mingle with Malfoy genes. The girl, my aunt, ran away and disappeared into muggle London. She's dead now; we haven't been able to find out how. The boy was brought to us...well to me. With father in prison and my mother...my mother is in no condition to take care of a child. And I refuse to let him go to any of my other relatives. Since we don't know how his mother died, I would like to keep William with me for protection. Since I am Head Boy this year and have a single room, William will be staying with me. William is rather an unusual child as I am sure you will discover rather quickly." Draco smirked rather snidely at the others; he couldn't wait for them to be exposed to William Borgia Malfoy.

"How old is William?" Harry asked.

"He's four, just like Weasel's niece."

"Least I've never been a ferret, Ferret." Ron retorted.

"Enough you two. There's enough problems without the two of you going at each other." Ginny moved between the two boys.

"Let's get this finished, shall we?" Dumbledore interrupted. "Minerva?"

"Well, it seems we are all in the same boat. My son is an auror and has been sent away on a job. My grandson will be joining me here. He is also four. His mother has passed on and he has no other family. He will, of course be staying in my quarters and I am not ashamed to say that I will need help with him. I can not be with him constantly. He is a good boy, loves to read, very intelligent for his age. I am sure he will get along famously with you, Miss Granger.

"We'll be glad to help, Professor." All four Gryffindors were quick to reassure her.

"I am sure you will. We will all need help with the children."

"Well, Severus, that just leaves your story."

"Albus, I still feel that I can handle this..."

"Severus, I know you think you can but you cannot be everywhere at once. A potions lab is not the safest place for a child that age to be. I have already set aside a room for the children to have lessons a few hours a day. I think some of the students would be eager to tutor them. I will even award points for it. There has also been a play yard set up by =

Hagrid's cottage, with things for them to play on. Severus, they cannot be stuck in a classroom all day, everyday. They must be allowed to run and play. They need to be out in the fresh air."

"As you wish, Headmaster, but I still don't think I will need the help. As =

the rest of you may have surmised, I also have a child who will be staying here. His mother died at childbirth and he has living been with his maternal grandmother in America. But with the war escalating, I prefer my son to be with me. As my child, he is too much of a target for Voldemort. It would be a perfect way to get to me. I will not permit Alexander to be used against me."

"Professor?"

"What Potter?"

"How old is Alexander?"

"He is also four years old."

"Bloody hell, we're going to have four, four year olds?"

"Ronald Weasley, language!" came from Ginny, Hermione and Professor McGonagal all at the same time.

"Well, now that we know the details, shall we bring the children in?" Professor Dumbledore went over to the door and opened it. The seventh year Hufflepuff prefect looked relieved at being dismissed. The Headmaster led the four small children into the office. They immediately ran to their relatives.

"Let's have some introductions, shall we? Minerva?"

"Grandmummy, that's you, isn't it?" The stocky, strawberry blonde haired boy peered at his grandmother, his eyes sparkling through his little glasses. His hands clutched his book tightly.

"Yes, that's me. This is my grandson, Rupert Aloysius McGonagal."

"Oi, tha'th a nancyboy name."

"William Borgia Malfoy, watch yourself, boy. Malfoy's do not act out in public, we wait and do it in private or when no one will catch us."

"Thod off, Drake." Young William stared menacingly at his much larger cousin. He was not aware of the smiles on the faces of the others in the room. He was small for his age, had a head covered in uncontrollable honey blonde curls and huge blue eyes. He tried to look tough is his little jeans, tiny black T-shirt and boots but actually looked like a defiant cherub.

The small red headed girl's eyes were glossy with tears as she stood quietly between her aunt and uncle. She was a very tiny thing, all long red hair and big, deep green eyes. She looked very scared.

The taller brunette boy ran over and put his arms around her. "So `kay, Willow. I'll p'tect you. Nobody gonna hurt you. That's my papa, he won't let `em. Papa, this is Willow; she's a Weas'ey and my friend. We gonna p'tect her."

"Alexander, I am sure she will have enough protectors. She has many uncles who will protect her."

"Not Al..ex..an..der...Xander. Told you that already!" Declared the boy, chocolate brown eyes glaring up at his father, his brown curls falling over his forehead.

"I will not call you that ridiculous name, child. Your name is Alexander Horatio Snape."

The boy looked up at his father defiantly and stomped his little foot dramatically. "Then I don't listen. I'm Xander. And I WILL p'tect Willow. She needs me."

"Oh Gads, my son thinks he's a Gryffindor." Professor Snape yelled.

Professor McGonagal covered her mouth to hide her snickers. Headmaster Dumbledore's eyes sparkled with humor. Ron looked at Hermione; Hermione looked at Ginny, who looked over at Harry. Harry glanced over at Draco, who was trying to stuff his fist in his mouth and that was all it took for the five Hogwart's students to collapse in laughter. And the littlest Hogwart's students? They just stood there staring at the crazy big people.

 

 

Answer to a Twisting the Hellmouth challenge:
THE LITTLE SCOOBIES CHALLENGE by Gidgetgirl

Three to five Buffy characters (your choice) are turned into four year old children and find themselves sucked into the world of Harry Potter.

Requirements:
One Scooby child must be the youngest Weasley
One must be Snape's child
The Buffy characters must maintain their personalities, and ONE and only one of them (initially) must remember their former lives and the fact that they aren't really four years old. That child must convince Harry and company, as well as the other little Buffyverse kids, that something is going on back in Sunnydale and that some sort of evil wants the Buffykids out of the way for good.
Someone must throw the world's biggest magical temper tantrum