Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of Lost Chances
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
279
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,386

Lost chances

Summary:

Fandom: Torchwood
Characters: Owen/Ianto
Rating/Warnings: PG for m/m sexual relations.  Spoilers for Exit Wounds.
Summary: they finally admit their feelings.

Work Text:

 


Lost chances
by Lilithangel
http://www.livejournal.com/users/lilithbint  


"Why didn't we do this before?" a sleepy voice said.
 
"I don't know... maybe Jack, maybe me shooting you, you hating me," Ianto said looking down at the tousled head tucked so perfectly against his shoulder.
 
"Never hated you, you just made me so mad," Owen said.
 
He laughed and kissed the top of the head softly.  "You made me mad too."
 
"If I'd known the sex would have been so good I would have propositioned you earlier."
 
"I wish you had."
 
Ianto opened his eyes and looked out through a sheen of moisture on his empty room and his cold bed.  Owen was dead and gone; there would be no propositioning, no acknowledgment of hidden desire.  Just an empty desk and a cold autopsy room.
 
He'd had the same dream every night he'd slept alone, to the point that he was asking Jack not to stay so he could have just a few stolen moments with the ghost in his dreams.
 
"Bastard," he said to the emptiness, "why did you have to decide to be a hero?"
 
Owen sat helplessly on the end of the bed watching Ianto wipe his eyes and try to fall back to sleep.
 
He had thought that being the walking dead was bad enough but now it was all he could do to reach through Ianto's dreams and try and tell the other man he was there, he wanted to be there, he needed to be there and he might possibly be in love.
 
If he was doomed to hang about then he couldn't think of anywhere he'd rather be than in Ianto's dream.  He just didn't want there to be tears.

end

Series this work belongs to: