Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 2 of The Terrorist Trap
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
596
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
9
Bookmarks:
6
Hits:
2,553

Masks

Summary:

Tony and his masks. Will he let them down for Abby?

Work Text:

Oh God, Tony thought as he got ready to go to Abby's house. He should have stayed in Baltimore. No one there cared what he did on a Friday night. He made sure to cultivate an image of a womanizer while there. A man with a lot of dates, someone his work mates would never worry about being alone on a Friday night. In Peoria he had had friends until his girlfriend let it be known that he was bisexual. After that he was abandoned, both at work and in his personal life. After he was nearly beaten to death he left that city, and took the first position offered, which was in Philadelphia.


Tony was much more careful there. He made sure that no one would ever know that he was bisexual. No it wasn't his sexuality that caused him to leave Philly, it was his connections through his cousin to Islamic groups. Add in the leave time taken when his cousin was shot and they were glad to see him go. His friends there suddenly too busy to see him, avoiding him at every turn.


In Baltimore it was easier to just not make new friends. In his career Tony had not lasted more than two years in any police department. He recognized that in himself, and realized it would be easier and less painful to keep to himself in that new position.


Then Gibbs came along. The case they worked together was a difficult one. Tony could tell after just a few hours working with the man that doing it fulltime would be an interesting proposition. After solving the case he was sure he would never see the older agent again. Gibbs seemed impatient during their investigation. Tony received more head slaps in one day than in the rest of his life. Try as he might he never seemed to have the information the Federal agent wanted nor could he seemed to acquire it in a timely enough fashion to satisfy Gibbs.


He was shocked when the case was finished and Gibbs offered him a position at NCIS and more specifically a position on Gibbs' team. He accepted the position which led to the situation he was in right now.


He had never met a person more naturally friendly than Abby. It would be easier if she were some one he was dating. Unfortunately she was much more like a sister kind of like Mel. He cared for her that made him want to let his masks slip. The last two times that had happened he wound up in some form of danger.


She kept asking him out for dinner or drinks or to just sit home and watch dvds. It had been so tempting to take her up on her offer. He had been with NCIS less than a week the first time she offered. The weekend came it was Friday night and as she offered he made up an excuse to stay home. The offers came every Friday thereafter.


Finally Tony accepted, and here he was getting ready to spend the evening with his co worker. He really liked the goth girl and hoped to become her friend. That did not mean he wasn't a little freaked out about meeting her tonight and all that it could possibly entail.


Oh well he could keep the masks up for now. See if Friday nights continued to see them together and if so drop the masks gradually.

He hoped this would be the first of many such Friday's.

Series this work belongs to: