Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
421
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,114

Sudden Terror

Summary:

Rating: G
Summary: Kurt Wagner is reminded of a lesson that every one needs a little reminder of from time to time and yet is one of the most important lessons that any one can learn.
Disclaimer: Kurt Wagner alias Nightcrawler, the X-Men, and Excalibur are all © & TM Marvel Comics. Everything else is © & TM the author, Pirate Turner. The author makes absolutely no profit whatsoever off of this story.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

 

Sudden Terror
by Pirate Turner

It was a hot afternoon in July. Kurt Wagner had just finished reading a book that took place in Germany, his homeland. He stood up and stretched. He walked over to his bookshelf after uncurling his tail from around one of his fuzzy, blue legs. He replaced the book, "One Hot Night In Germany", in its position on the top shelve and walked over to his dresser. After checking the time, he accidentally glanced up at his reflection in the mirror. He shuddered, remembering what regular humans thought when they saw him -- that he was a demon. He wandered if his friends thought the same.

Suddenly, a feeling that something was not quite right enveloped him! His inner alarms of danger went off, ringing like crazy! He teleported outside in an attempt to discover what was wrong. Sirens were screaming just down the street! Kurt spotted the orangish-red flames of a fire! He broke off in a run towards the building that was on fire.

When he reached the house, he heard a woman scream. "My daughter's still in there!"

A fireman grabbed the woman as she started to run back into the house. "We'll get her out, ma'am," he promised her. "Don't worry."

Kurt had a gnawing feeling in his gut that the firemen would not be able to reach the girl in time, though. Without a second thought for his own safety, he teleported into the building. He began to search for the little girl.

"Fraulin?", he called out into the leaping flames of fire.

A scream was the only response. Kurt followed the scream and found the little girl. She was clutching her baby doll to her, scared out of her wits. She was caught in a circle of fire!

Kurt teleported to her, caught the kid up in his arms, and teleported her outside of the burning building.

The woman rushed to his side and caught her daughter up in a huge hug. "Oh, thank you, thank you ever so much! How can I ever repay you?!?" She seemed oblivious to Kurt's inhuman, demonic appearance.

Kurt smiled. "You already have, ma'am; you already have."

The firemen and news reporters started encircling Kurt, asking him questions. {No zanks, not today!} He teleported back to his room.

He took another glance at himself in his mirror, only this time on purpose. He smiled an impish grin. {It does not matter vhat one looks like on ze outside. It's ze inside zat counts!}


The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.