Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
665
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
15
Hits:
1,065

Petition Tidbit

Summary:

This little tidbit is for all the people at SOS who are working so hard to save our show and for everyone who has snailed, emailed, faxed and phoned on behalf of our guys. Reward yourself with some chocolate... For those of you who want to learn how you can help, go visit the SOS: Save Our Sentinel Web-Site

SOS: Support Our Sentinel http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Stage/6325/sosindex.html   

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 


Petition Tidbit
by Scorpio

Blair Sandburg walked into the Cascade P.D. armed with a Wanting Our Watchman (WOW) Petition on a clipboard and a generous sized bowl filled with Hershey's Kisses. His 'armor' consisted of one of Jim's Cascade P.D. sweatshirts and a Jags baseball cap. He had spent the better part of yesterday afternoon writing the main body of the Petition Letter and, now, dressed in 'native gear', he was here to collect signatures and dispense immediate gratification (the chocolate) as a reward.

The Science and Fantasy Channel wanted to cancel the showing of The Watchman reruns, huh? Well, Blair Sandburg had something to say about that! He didn't spend his entire childhood staring at the walls and drooling. No way man, Naomi Sandburg's little boy had more experience protesting against the establishment than most people twice his age. Combine that knowledge with listening to stories of his lover's years in the Army Rangers and Blair was ready to go to war. Have Petition, Will Travel.

Figuring that he would head up to the Major Crimes Unit and get the 'easy sells' out of the way first, Blair walked into the bullpen with his trademark smile and bounce.

The first person he always looked for wasn't at his desk. A slight frown crossed his face for a second. Looking around, Blair spotted Brian Rafe.

"Hey Brian, where's Jim man?"

"Oh, he went down to records for a file. He should be back soon."

"Oh. Well, hey man. Did you here about how the Science and Fantasy Channel didn't put The Watchman on the February schedule?"

"No, really?"

Blair nodded.

"Man that sucks. I really like the show too. It's nice to see the good guys win, you know?"

"Yeah man, I know. In fact, I wrote a Petition to them asking to keep the show's reruns being aired all the way to the conclusion of the series. Want to sign it and win a free Hershey's Kiss?"

Detective Rafe flashed him a Crest Kid's smile and sauntered over.

"Sure Blair. Where do I sign?"

With a grin, Blair handed over the clipboard and pointed to the space labeled #3, directly bellow his and Jim's name. His grin grew wider as he watched his friend sign his name. Taking back the clipboard, he held out the bowl of chocolates. Just as Brian took one out, Detective Henri Brown walked into the bullpen.

"Hey Hairboy! What's with the chocolate man?"

"Come 'ere and I'll tell you all about it H."

pantherwolfpantherwolfpantherwolfpantherwolfpantherwolf

Blair snuggled up against his favorite pillow and sighed against the warm and vibrant surface. His breath must have tickled his pillow, because it wiggled slightly and then began to pet his hair.

"So Chief. I heard stories about you and the Petition all day today. How many names did you get anyway?"

"A little over a hundred and fifty. I gave away a *ton* of chocolate too."

A low whistle whispered past Blair's ear. It was full of awe.

"Damn Chief. That's a lot of names."

"Yeah. I hope that it will let them know that there *are* people out there that really like the show and want to be heard. I've got the envelope ready and I just have to mail it tomorrow morning."

"Well, *I* for one am glad that you use your powers only for good Chief. It's scary to think of what you could do if you ever turned to the dark side of the force."

"Hey now Jim, try to keep the fandoms straight. Well, not *straight* but,... oh hell, you know what I mean."

Jim snickered.

"Yeah I do. That's the frightening thing."

"Oh really? Fine, then take this."

With that, Blair began to tickle his pillow mercilessly. He knew all of the best and most sensitive spots and his wild and wiggley tactics made him hard to stop. Soon, laughter was ringing from the corners of the loft and the night was still young.

 

END

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Scorpio.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.