Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
392
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
1,253

Alcohol and Demons

Summary:

Rating: PG
Summary: Even Lorne knows when enough is enough.
Warning: Warped Humor Ahead, Matey!
Disclaimer: Lorne, Angel, and Cordelia Chase are © & TM their respective owners and are used without permission. Everything else is © & TM Pirate Turner. The author makes no profit off of this story.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

 

Alcohol and Demons
by Pirate Turner


The Demon passed through the doorway to the kitchen and stepped into the foyer, humming softly to himself as he did so. His red eyes glistened as he raised his champagne glass to his lips once more and took another sip of the dark red liquid held within. From over the glass' rim, something caught his eye that so startled him that he quite nearly dropped the glass. Instead, he spit out the sip he had just taken as he asked, eyes wide in great concern, "Angel, what happened?!" His heartbeat went wild for he could not believe what he was seeing. It couldn't be!

Angel cradled Cordelia's lifeless body close to his chest, rocking slowly back and forth and sobbing as if it had been his heart that had been stopped. He looked up at his friend through the tears that streamed down his face as he cried, "I killed her, Lorne!" His raking sob echoed through the Hyperion. "I KILLED HER WITH MY FARTS!"

Lorne's mouth dropped open in pure shock, and this time, his glass slipped from his fingers to fall towards the floor. Another hand reached swiftly out and caught the tumbling glass in a deft grasp before even so much as one drop could be spilled. "Lorne, who are you talking to?"

Lorne forced his startled gaze away from Angel and Cordelia only to be met with Angel's concerned face. "What?" he asked, confusion furrowing his green brow and drawing his red horns down slightly. "Angel?" When the Vampire nodded wordlessly, Lorne quickly looked back over at where Angel had just been cradling Cordelia's body only to find the rest of the room completely empty.

Slowly, Lorne shook his head as his confusion continued to increase. His eyes moved to glance back at Angel but instead fell upon his glass that Angel held. As realization dawned, Lorne again shook his head in shock. "Angel," he said faintly, "throw that away or something, will you? I've got to get some sleep." Without another word, the green Demon headed towards his bedroom, still shaking his head in disbelief at the warped scene the alcohol in his system had just caused him to witness. "I've got to lay off that stuff," he mumbled under his breath as he continued on to bed.


The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.