Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2008-04-08
Words:
769
Chapters:
2/2
Kudos:
17
Hits:
2,476

Nobodies In Love

Summary:

Demyx reveals a startling fact about his past.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

What if someone could be born a Nobody?

Chapter Text

 

Nobodies In Love(an Organization XIII AkuDemy love story) by Vash Based on Characters from Kingdom Hearts II

 

Axel was homeless. Castle Oblivion was a thing of the past. The home he'd worked so hard to save no longer existed. Larxene, Vexen, Zexion, Lexaeus, and Marluxia. They were all gone. Nothing was left for him.

He wished he could just fade into oblivion the same as they had. Even Roxas was gone, now. And the one who held Roxas prisoner wasn't letting him out. 

Axel had tried all he could to save Roxas from Sora. But so far nothing had worked.

He sat on the steps of leading up to Twilight Town's Sunset Terrace and contemplated the situation.

"Roxas." 

"Still clinging to hope that he'll come around?" Demyx asked as he joined his fellow Nobody. 

"Yeah," Axel admitted. 

"Axel. You know how I feel," Demyx told him. 

"I know," Axel nodded. "But, Demyx, I can't stop thinking..." 

"You have to accept it, Axel," Demyx told him. "Your Roxas is long gone. He's just Sora now." 

"No," Axel shook his head. "Roxas will remember. I know he will." 

Demyx sighed. He wished that Axel wouldn't get his hopes up the way he did so often. He hated seeing Axel get his hopes up only to have them dashed, again and again. He put an arm around Axel and leaned against him, putting his head on the older Nobody's shoulder, expecting to be shrugged off as usual. 

This time, Axel didn't move or try to push Demyx away. 

"Axel?" Demyx asked after a long while. 

"I guess I'm just starting to realize that  you might be right about Roxas." Axel said. 

Demyx dared to put a hand over Axel's. He looked up into those bright green eyes and for a moment he imagined he saw tears other than the twin tattooes that marked Axel's beautiful face. For the longest time, neither Nobody said a single word. They just sat there, their lips as silent as their non-existent heartbeats. Demyx wishing silently that Axel would kiss him. The Nocturne was as pure as they came. But not so pure that he did not long for the older Nobody. 

"Where are you going?" Demyx asked. "Please, tell me..." 

"To find Roxas," Axel told the blond musician. "If it is over between him and me, I need to know." 

"Come back to me when you do," Demyx said, gazing into Axel's eyes. "I'll be waiting." 

Demyx watched as Axel walked away, then summoned his sitar and began to play a song that, to the unknowing ear, sounded sad. Demyx wondered if he might have a heart after all.