Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
934
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,534

Smutty Novels and Fairy Tales

Summary:

Part 8 of the Apples and Oranges series (for Peja's latest *it's all about the seduction* challenge)
X-Files M/K
Rated PG-13 for language
Summary: Alex tells Mulder a little story. Mulder reciprocates and hits a nerve.
Feedback? You bet! Give me a shout at MMCUSN@aol.com  

Work Text:

 


Smutty Novels and Fairy Tales
by Aries


"It's all about the seduction."

Mulder lifted his head and looked down at Krycek, who lay, back to Mulder's front, now dry-eyed and staring at nothing at all.

"Seduction?"

"Not mine," the rough voice said softly. "Yours." He smiled a joyless smile. "The seduction of Fox Mulder. Sounds like a smutty novel."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"He's seduced by the elusive. The unexplainable, unobtainable. "Strange lights in the sky. Things that go bump in the night. Chasing down secrets, lies and the men who tell them. These are but a few of the things that make Fox Mulder's dick hard."

"I think you need a nap."

"These mysteries he chases are seldom as attractive once he uncovers them. In fact, they're usually pretty damned ugly. But he doesn't learn. He doesn't learn."

"You're not a fucking x-file, Alex. I don't see you as a case to be solved then filed away."

Krycek went on with his narrative. "He's headed down a dangerous path. The seduction leads him there." He continued to stare, in a trancelike state. Rubbed his cheek against the pillow beneath it. "It'll destroy him. Take him apart bit by bit, and he'll be so busy blowing his load, he won't even know it until it's too late."

Mulder sat up, staring down at the other man.

"Good story, Alex. You done?"

The other man said nothing.

"I got one too. Wanna hear it?"

Silence.

"This is a good one; you'll like it. It's called, Alex the Chicken. Ready? Okay.

"There was this guy. Gorgeous, sexy bastard with an attitude that wouldn't quit and insecurities up the ass. Those two things didn't sound like they'd go together, but you had to know the man.

"He lived by his wits...and on the blood of his enemies and ...victims. He was sneaky and underhanded and completely without conscience. It kept him alive. Kept him interesting.

"The day came when he was able to chuck those...qualities...most of them anyway, and try being a regular person. And, by some really weird quirk of fate, he ended up in a personal relationship with the last man in the world he'd ever have thought he would. Time went by, and his feelings grew. He didn't know what to do with them. The more intense they became, the more they scared him. Surely the other man would never return his feelings. How could he? Who could love someone who's..."

Alex heaved himself to his feet and stalked to the middle of the room.

"I didn't think you were into fairy tales, Fox. Who the *fuck* said anything about love?"

"I did. Just now." Mulder leaned back against the headboard and crossed his legs. "You're in love with me. And it's got you scared to death."

Alex emitted a bitter laugh.

"And what? I'm afraid you won't return the feelings?"

"No. You're afraid I will."

Alex swallowed.

"You've projected all your fears and self hatred onto me. You've tried to brainwash me into believing you weren't good enough for me because that's how *you* feel."

"Jesus," Alex laughed softly. "Did you dream this shit up just now?"

"Tell me it's not true."

"It's not true."

"Look me in the eye and say that."

Krycek walked over to the bed and leaned in close.

"It's not. Fucking True."

"Okay, wait."

"God," Alex whispered and spun away.

"Let me rephrase that," Mulder said. "Tell me you don't love me. Uph." He held up a hand before Alex could speak. "In the eye."

Alex threw up his hands then planted them on his hips. He lifted his eyes to Mulder's. Opened his mouth. Froze and closed his mouth.

"Yes?" From across the room, Mulder could see the trembling of Alex's lower lip.

"Go to hell."

"No." Mulder got off the bed and walked over to the other man. "No, no. That's not it. I don't love you. Here. Say it with me."

Alex slapped Mulder's hand away as he lifted it to his face in an attempt to make his mouth form the words.

"Well, can you say it yourself?"

Mulder was in his face now. Eye to eye. He could feel the older man's breath fanning his mouth, and he swallowed again.

"Alex."

He said it softly, gently, and Alex's left eye glazed over.

"Shut up."

"Baby..."

"Leave me alone!" Alex screamed, wheeling around, hands clenched in his hair.

"No!" Mulder screamed back. "Talk to me, Alex! Meet me halfway! *Fuck*, meet me a *quarter* of the way!"

Alex stood with his back to the other man, hands pulling at his hair. Tears spiked his lashes as Mulder's hands lowered gently to his shoulders.

"Look. I don't want to do this. I don't want all this screaming. It's not getting us anywhere. You're tired, I'm sure. I'm tired too. I'm going to go. I want to leave you with one last thing to think about, though." He moved closer and whispered his final words in Alex's ear.

"I love you, too."

Alex shuddered. At Mulder's words, and at the loss of warmth as the older man removed his hands from his shoulders.

He didn't look up as Mulder walked past him and quietly slipped out the door.

 


END