Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,193
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,049

Unexpected

Summary:

Fandom: Torchwood
Characters: Ianto, Andy, Jack
Rating/Warnings: PG13 for m/m kissing and flirting.
Summary: Set after 2.11 Adrift.  Ianto and Andy share stories in a bar and then go dancing.  Jack doesn't really mind.

Work Text:

 


Unexpected
by Lilithangel
http://www.livejournal.com/users/lilithbint


"People suck," the redhead said morosely into his beer, "all they want to do is use you."
 
"Yeah," the brunet agreed, "with their soulful eyes and making you think they care."
 
"They get you to do things and then they run off with a quick sorry as if that's supposed to make the difference."
 
"Get you to do things against your better judgement and then expect you to put up with it."
 
"Always making it about them."
 
"Thinking they're doing it for your own good."
 
"Cow."
 
"Bastard."
 
Ianto and Andy clicked glasses in perfect sympathy.
 
"It's not their fault really.  It's just the way he is, he loves everyone," Ianto said, "he's always looking at the bigger picture too, it's one of his attractive qualities."
 
"Carried a torch for her the first time I saw her," Andy continued, ‘when she asked me to take extra notes in training cause she had to duck out.  Thought I was her go to guy, turns out it just meant I was her get what she wanted guy.  One pretty smile and I turn into mush."
 
"Good smiles though," Ianto added and Andy nodded.
 
"I blame him you know," Andy said.
 
"So do I," Ianto agreed, "wouldn't change a thing, but I do blame him."
 
"Couldn't even go to the wedding I was so disappointed.  Knew she wouldn't ever pick me, but you know... it would have been nice."
 
"Nice to be the one picked first for a change," Ianto said, indicating his understanding.  "She does love Rhys though," he added.
 
"I know," Andy said sadly.  "I just think that maybe, if she hadn't joined you lot normal life would have sucked away the romance.  Instead she has all the spooky weirdness and the sweet normality of him to go home to."
 
"I miss normality," Ianto said.
 
"No you don't."
 
"No I don't."
 
Andy laughed at Ianto's agreement.  "What the hell are we doing moping about here then?"
 
"Fancy a proper club?" Ianto said.
 
"Sure," Andy said in surprise, "don't you have to get back?"
 
"I'm on call if he needs me," Ianto said with only slight bitterness.  "Otherwise I've been let off my leash for the night."
 
"And you ended up here?" Andy looked around at the seedy bar.
 
"You did too," Ianto said defensively.
 
"Yeah well there's not many places in Cardiff I haven't attended in an official capacity that will still welcome me."
 
Ianto laughed softly, "Would the Club X welcome you?  I feel like dancing."
 
Andy looked at Ianto in silence for a moment, weighing up the request then he smiled back.  "Club X sounds like exactly what I need tonight."
 
A quick detour to their respective flats and both were more suitable attired for dancing.
 
They made a striking pair on the dance floor.  One dark and intense, he moved with a fluid grace that drew the eye as much as the form fitting white shirt did.  The other pale with red hair, slightly awkward but radiating an innocent sexuality that was just as attractive. 
 
They danced together and with whoever wanted them.  Both were sweating, shirts plastered to their skin when they finally bumped against each other.  The music had turned raw and the beat had slowed to allow couples to get closer.
 
Their eyes assessed even as their bodies fitted together in time with the music.  Hands found skin, slick and hot from the exertion and moved randomly as they danced.
 
Finally their heads rested together as the music slowed some more, lips almost touching, hearts pounding from more than just the dancing, both acutely aware of how quickly it could become more.
 
It was Ianto who pulled back first.  Taking hold of Andy's hand he led the way off the dance floor and out of the club.
 
They shivered as the cool night air hit their skin and pushed away the last of the buzz of the alcohol that dancing hadn't sweated out.
 
"Do you think I could work at Torchwood?" Andy asked plaintively as they wandered down the street.
 
"I think you could," Ianto said cautiously, "I don't think you really want to.  We're all damaged; you don't want to be like us."
 
"You can't all be damaged," Andy protested, not commenting on the fact that Ianto had captured his hand and wasn't letting it go.
 
"He hired Gwen to be our normality, to keep him grounded and look at her now.  Stay normal, Andy, stay sane," Ianto practically begged.
 
They were standing in front of the harbour and Andy shivered as the breeze blew in from the ocean.  Ianto pulled him close and they stood in silence, eyes closed and foreheads resting against each other.
 
"I forgot my life while we were dancing," Ianto said, his fingers seeking the smooth skin of Andy's stomach, "it was nice."
 
"It was," Andy said.  They were sharing breath now eyes locked and lips just one inhale away from touching.  "What's going on between you and Jack?" Andy asked.
 
"Need, desire, guilt," Ianto said, "we can't be exclusive, he can't be exclusive.  I don't mind, it's very intense around him."
 
"So he won't go postal on me?"
 
Ianto laughed, "He might appreciate watching if we asked, but I'm not going to ask."  He closed the gap between them and pressed his lips against Andy's.  Andy responded instantly, wrapping his arms around Ianto's waist and pulling them even closer.
 
They were lost in the wet heat of each other's mouths until Andy pulled back.  His eyes were almost black with arousal but his face was concerned.
 
"Too fast?" Ianto said and Andy nodded.  "That's alright, we've got time." He squeezed Andy's bum lightly and grinned at the blush.
 
"Haste makes something," Andy said, trying to pull himself together.
 
"Damp trousers," Ianto said, enjoying how easily the other man blushed.  It was almost impossible to unsettle Jack so it was kind of sweet.
 
Andy moved in and kissed the smirk off Ianto's face.  "I should go... home... alone..." he stuttered, breaking free of Ianto.
 
"Yes," Ianto said, equally dazed.
 
"We can invite Jack another time," Andy said with a smirk and a nod towards a patch of shadow off to one side.
 
Ianto barked a laugh at Andy's show of spirit and rolled his eyes as Jack materialised.  Andy nodded to Jack and carried on his way, automatically using the comfortable distance covering pace of beat cops everywhere.
 
Jack raised a questioning eyebrow at Ianto who looked back at him with studied neutrality.
 
"I do fancy a man in uniform," Jack said, "and a sweaty one even more."
 
"You fancy anything that moves," Ianto said, but he didn't complain when Jack stepped close and licked across the side of his neck.  "He's a good man and deserves more than what any of us can give him."
 
"But what does he want?" Jack murmured as he nuzzled at Ianto's throat.
 
"You'll have to ask him," Ianto said melting into Jack's touch.
 
"Later," Jack said.
 
Ianto knew there would be a later.  For him and Andy and most probably for the three of them if Jack had anything to do with it.
 
Right here, right now, there was Jack and Ianto was never one to miss an opportunity.

END