Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
243
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
17
Hits:
1,183

Five Drinks Too Many

Summary:

Category: Humour
Spoilers: Not really, no.
Rating: Somewhere between FRC and FRT. FRC-and-a-half? I mean, there is rampant drinking, so I guess it's FRT, but there's no foul language or any such.
Pairing: Ever-so-slighty M/D
Summary: Pissing the night away with your favourite con artists...
Author's Note: First, I'm not always so pants at summaries, but this one's so short and insubstantial that it's difficult to summarize without stealing words from the fic itself. Second, I bring you...
Disclaimer: So not mine.
Feedback: Always appreciated.

Work Text:

 


Five Drinks Too Many
by Anne Marsh

I think it was Dorothy Parker who said something along the lines of 'Two drinks is plenty, Three at the most, Four, under the table, Five, under the host'. I'm not sure about the order of the last two in real life, but I've spent enough time at Eddie's with this crew to know full well what happens when our Danny Blue has had his five drinks too many...

After one drink too many, Danny flirts indiscriminately with the nearest woman. Then the next nearest, then the next, and so on and so forth.

After two drinks too many, Danny falls under the impression that he's Toni Basil.

After three drinks too many, Danny has moved on to Franz Ferdinand--and the top of our table. The women he's flirted with all pretend never to have met him. Stacie included.

After four drinks too many, Danny is flirting again, discriminately this time, and not with any woman near or far.

After five drinks too many, Michael is holding Danny under a showerhead and slapping his cheeks-- he maintains it's to wake Danny up, but sometimes I think it's to pay the boy back for being a little too fresh in the pub...

I've never seen Michael get to five drinks too many, nor would I like to. But it would be interesting to see them both hit number four at around the same time...


~FIN~