Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
357
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
17
Hits:
945

Malevolence

Summary:

danger in the waters

Work Text:

 

Malevolence
By J. Love
(
jl_foxy@pris.bc.ca )

The sunlight glinting off the spray of the water falling into the fountain drew in passing students. They paused and watched the display letting the feeling of calm enter their souls never realizing the danger lurking beneath the surface. It lay in wait to claim one of their own. It only needed the help it desired.

Months passed as it watched the one it wanted pass by its innocent surface. Sometimes the goal it wanted came within touching but never was the prize close enough. In vain, it waited for its opportunity to come.

Finally, she came. Now it only had to reach her and have her do its bidding, a perfect pawn. Already, she was evil. Only a little prodding would be needed. The presence glowed with its pleasure allowing the dappled sunlight to sparkle on its surface.

On a gloomy, overcast day without the sun to mask its true nature, the long awaited opportunity came. Here she comes with the prize to give its desire. She dropped the prize into its waiting grasp and helped it along by holding him under. Then she flees leaving him within its malevolent grasp. The presence held firm to its prize and rejoiced as the last breath slipped silently from his lungs. It released the body to float on its still surface to be found. No water sprayed happily on its surface today, only the shell of its prize.

So sure of its victory, it didn't protest when the body was pulled from its grasp. After all, the presence thought it had the soul within its grasp for all time. Its smugness grew as all attempts to

revive him failed. It never realized the danger to its plan when the other half came.

The sentinel called to the guide and was answered. Together they fought the presence and won. The sentinel guided the guide back to the living.

It howled in anger as its long-awaited prize was wretched from its grasp. Once again they have won and it would have to move on. This place was exposed now and would not work again. However, it was determined. It would try again.

 

end