Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
387
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
890

The Rant

Summary:

Rating: G
Pairing: N/A
Archive: Yes
Summary: Johnny is ranting again. How does Roy listen to it?
Content Warning: none
Copyright: May 2000 By Robin R. Neher
THIS STORY IS WRITTEN FOR PLEASURE AND IS NOT INTENDED TO INFRINGE ON ANY PREEXISTING COPYRIGHTS THAT MAY BE VIOLATED.  FEEL FREE TO SHARE WITH FRIENDS, BUT NOT FOR PROFIT. THIS STORY IS FICTIONAL, A WORK OF THE WRITER'S IMAGINATION. THE CHARACTERS AND INCIDENTS USED IN THIS STORY ARE PURELY FICTIONAL AND ARE NOT BASED ON ANY PERSON AND/OR PERSON'S ACTUAL EXPERIENCES.

Work Text:

 

The Rant
by Robin R. Neher
NRobin1027@aol.com

Johnny is at it again. I don't even know what he's upset about this time. He's always upset about something. You may wonder how I put up with it, I wonder myself sometimes. My name is Roy DeSoto, I'm a firefighter/Paramedic. out of station fifty-one where I am paired with Johnny on the rescue squad. When Johnny rants, I ignore him. When he's like that, I just block it out.

I love Johnny, don't get me wrong, it's just that he's always ranting about something, no matter if it major or not. I wish I could get the nerve to tell him to shut up, but I'm afraid of hurting his feelings.

You probably wonder why I just don't ask what's wrong. I know from experience that if I do that, he will just rant even more. So, I just let him get it out of his system. What bothers me is that he drags other people into his rants.

I remember once when Johnny complained about people not stopping for emergency vehicles. As a result we ended up having a cop in the station going on runs with us for a week. Johnny seems to think that cops can be everywhere.

There was another time when John got upset because he missed the end of Adam-12. He was bugging everyone to know what the ending was! It was just a TV show for god's sake! Ever heard of reruns, Johnny?

Once, he couldn't sleep because we weren't getting any night calls! He kept the whole station up! That partner of mine obsesses over the smallest thing! Anyway, when the engine did get a call for a trash fire, he jumped on the back and went with them.

I'll be the first to admit that John Roderick Gage can be a pain, but I wouldn't want anyone else as my partner. I guess you just can't choose a better best friend than Johnny.

"Roy, are you even listening to me?" I hear John ask.

"Uh, yeah." I lie.

Thankfully, the tones go off before Johnny can question me further. So ends another Johnny rant session as we run to the squad.


THE END