Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2010-02-09
Words:
14,956
Chapters:
13/13
Kudos:
18
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
4,733

The Sharing

Summary:

What John Sheppard saw and learned during the sharing with Chaya.

I got this at the end of “Sanctuary. This story was outlined after Sanctuary and before “BEFORE I SLEEP” and “THE BROTHERHOOD” aired so they have not and will not happen

Chapter 1: The Sharing

Chapter Text

Title: The Sharing

Author: Pairatime/WritenWright

Word Count: 719

Rating: G

Genre: Gen

Characters/Pairings: John and later Carson

Summary: What John Sheppard saw and learned during the sharing with Chaya.

Author's Notes: is my first Fanfic for Stargate. I don’t own it. I’m making no money.

I got this at the end of “Sanctuary. This story was outlined after Sanctuary and before “BEFORE I SLEEP” and “THE BROTHERHOOD” aired so they have not and will not happen.  Betaed by the great <lj user="compli_cait">, she is wonderful and great.

 

This story is very John centric but Carson becomes more and more involved. But if I should be posting this here let me know.

 

<lj-cut>

 

The Sharing

 

            “This is cool!”

 

            As the white light of the sharing swirled around him, Major John Sheppard felt a variety of emotions wash over him, human emotions. When he opened his eyes he looked into Chaya’s eyes and said, “You are human, aren’t you?”

 

            “I am as human as you, John.”

 

            “But the Ancients can do all these thing that we can’t.”

             

            “John, we had millions of years to evolve. After that long the people of Earth will have gifts as well…if they live.”

 

            “We’re not that …” Sheppard stopped short as he looked around for the first time. They weren’t standing in the temple of Athar; they were standing on a balcony that over looked a city…a city surrounded by an ocean. “This isn’t Procutus, it’s Atlantis.  How,” Sheppard asked turning to Chaya.

 

            “We are not in Atlantis, John. This is a…glimpse of my past.” She turned away from the balcony’s edge and gestured to the room that the balcony opened from. “Those are my people when we lived in Atlantis.”

 

            The room was filled with dozens of people that walked around talking to each other and looking like they were having a good time. They were all dressed in robes like the woman in the hologram they found in Atlantis. As John's eyes drifted across the room he saw Chaya and smiled when he saw that she looked happy…just like on their picnic. Then he saw the woman she was talking to, it was the woman from the hologram. “That woman you’re talking to…” John started as he pointed to her, “who is she?”

 

            “She is Alantru, the leader of our people. How is it you know of her?”

 

            “She left a message in Atlantis warning of the Wraith.  So she’s your leader huh?. I guess we do have something in common. So, what’s this for, did you win a battle with the Wraith?”

 

            “No, this was before all that. We had just come to this galaxy. We were full of hope. Hope to create new life, hope to find more of the universe's wonders, hope to revitalize our race, hope to rebuild our empire.” Chaya stopped and turned away from the party and back to the ocean. “Hopes that were dashed when we met the Wraith. In a short time we were losing the most important war we would ever fight.  A war over life itself; a war we lost.”

 

             “What happened? You guys have all this technology and you still lost? How?” 

 

            “That is why we lost. We thought the Wraith were like all the other races we had met. Weaker than us. This time we were wrong. They were, are, our equal. By the time we understood this the Wraith were winning. I ascended before the war was over, but I watched the last battle over Atlantis. The last of our fleet pushed the Wraith back long enough for the city to be sunk and our people to leave. Our greatest admiral died that day giving the rest of the fleet time to retreat,” Chaya said motioning to one of the men at the celebration.

 

            John looked at the man and froze. He stared at the man, it was like looking in a mirror, not a normal mirror, but a fun house mirror but instead of fatter or taller it was older. “He looks like me,” he exclaimed in surprise.

 

            “You are his descendant. As your friend is also a descendant of his friend.” Chaya looked over at the man the admiral was talking to.

           

            John watched him for a moment and realized that he reminded him of Carson. “Carson… Who is he,” he asked turning to Chaya.

           

            “He is one of our greatest thinkers.”

 

            “Why are you telling me this?  Why aren’t the others stopping you,” John demanded.

 

            “You need to know what’s coming, John.”

 

            “What's coming, Chaya? The Wraith?” 

 

            “Yes, the Wraith seek to destroy of all the people of Atlantis.”

 

            “But all of you are gone.”

 

            “Not all of us. They know of one.” She looked into his eyes seeing the question forming in his mind. “You, John, you.”

 

            As soon as the words were out of her month the world around him blurred white and he was back at Athar’s temple on Procutus with Chaya nowhere in view.

 

To Be Continue…