Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
592
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,127

Taking Count

Summary:

Winters and Nixon think about easy at the end of part 7.

Work Text:

Title: Taking CountAuthor: Zach/pairatime/writenwrightWord Count: 560Rating: PGCharacters/Pairings: Winters and NixonSummary: Winters and Nixon think about easy at the end of part 7.

Author's Notes: Beta by <lj user=super_six_one>

 

Taking Count

 

Sixty-six men…that was all Easy had left…the thought just kept running through Winters head as he looked over the list lieutent Speirs had handed him.

 

So many men…Toccoa men were gone. Some gone forever like Muck, Penkala, Hoobler…others gone home Toye, Guarnere, Gordon, some gone only for a time like Perconte and Harry…they would be back.

 

Winters looked over the names of those that had remanded…so few Toccoa men Lipton, Roe, Talbert, Luz, Randleman, Martin, Liebgott, Malarkey, Easy needed everyone of them, They are the heart of the company…but so few and no Officers at all, they were all gone.

 

Shames wasn’t bad, but he wasn’t good either, Foley was ok but to hard on the men when it wasn’t needed. Too much like <i>him</i> and seconded platoon…they didn’t even have an officer. Yes Lipton could fill in but he was effectively the company XO.

 

Winters looked up from the list and at Speirs, Easy’s new CO could he lead these men? He had so far, and in combat but could he earn there respected and not just their fear…and did he deserve it?

 

After dismissing the man Winters turned to Nix who was studying maps in a chair next to Winters’ make shift desk. Nix had been there for Easy too hadn’t he…he should have been back with regiment not walking the line with me…or with me in the CP. He could have left at any time and no one would have questioned it. But he stayed and helped. He walked the line at night, kept all three companies on their toes but why?

 

“He’ll take care of easy.”

 

**********************************************

 

“He’ll take care of Easy,” Nix said as he looked away from his maps to see Winters looking at him.

 

He didn’t care for Speirs, something about the man was just not right…he’d never been able to pen it down till Normandy. That when he figured it out. It wasn’t that Speirs like killing, that he could get, he didn’t like it, but he could get. Speirs just didn’t care one way or the other about life, others or his own. And that was scary.

 

But he knew how to lead men and that’s what Easy needed…oh he and Winters would keep a close eye on Easy, but they do that anyways, even if Lipton was running it…and he was the OX, if some thing did happen…

 

Nix took the list out of Dicks hands putting it on the desk, “it can wait Dick. Tomorrow night we’ll be in Mormlon, you can deal with it then. Tonight you need to relax. I would office you a drink…but right how you might actually take it.” ha I made him smile my work here is done.

 

“You think I would, hu. Maybe after I’m done with this.”

 

No Dick now, after everything you have done, Now “Your devotion to paperwork astounds me. How did you make it through the last month without it,” later whatever it is can be done later.

 

“Sink-”

 

“I’ll deal with the colonel, you sleep…you do sleep right,” that scotch I scrounged up will do nicely, and it was such a good year too.

 

Ha Ha he signed I’ve won at last.

 

“Fine Nix you win. I’ll sleep but first I’m going to find something to eat, care to join me?”

 

“Sure,” always Dick always.

 

The End