Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2008-03-12
Words:
7,389
Chapters:
15/15
Comments:
1
Kudos:
17
Hits:
5,164

The White Chapel Stalker

Summary:

A White Chapel Story

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

 

 

The White Chapel Stalker
Book one.
written By J.F. Mazzaferro


Day One In Parliament,
In Victorian England.


The political climate was one of stagnation at this time in Victorian England.

The Queen had proven to be ruthless in her pursuit against change.

The Queen had her hands tide when in 1297 the Magna Carta was confirmed as English law. The great charter, was drafted by English barons to curb the powers of King John, The Royal Dukes great great grandfather.

The barons captured London and forced the king to "sign" the document which allowed for the formation of a representative body known as Parliament.

Queen Victoria never forgiven King John. She was going to make his great great Grandson the Royal Duke pay for his follies.

Big Ben had just struck ten in the bell tower of Parliament.

Parliament had been in session debating on if they should spend monies for the expansions more prisons, constipalities and a new more efficient Scientific Scotland Yard.

Her Majesty Queen Victoria's Cousin the Royal Duke vigorously opposed the motion and quoted the Queen, "What utter nonsense."

The Prime Minister, Wilson was for it to protect the people from the criminal elements
that were running wild in England of this time.

Collingsworth was un-comfortable sitting in the heat; it must have been close to one hundred degree's in Parliament waiting to be called by the Prime Minister. When he saw it was Arthur Drew asking the questions, he expected trouble.

It had been Wilson who beat Drew to become The Prime Minister. Drew never forgiven him, Drew was looking for the opportunity to make Wilson pay for it.

Drew and the Royal Duke had become very close like two snakes in a bushel.

Collingsworth was expecting trouble, but not prepared for the fire storm he was in the middle off.

The Prime Minister was asked by Sir Arthur Drew at Parliament, "What is it you can tell us about the stalker case"?

He told Sir Arthur Drew, "the first body was found by one of the constables who was baptized on the job only one hour". "As he was patrolling the Hyde Park area of White Chapel". "The Stalker has taken the lives in white chapels east end, for the details let me turn it over to the Superintendent of Scotland Yard, Collingsworth.

As Superintendent Collingsworth A thin sickly looking man whose health was poor, a full head of graying hair who keep ed coughing into his hands as he talked, carrying a large file walked up on to the podium in front of Parliament, opened up the files then said; "At Present Scotland Yard has several teams of Inspectors working on this case.

Sir Arthur Drew asked Collingsworth, "What has Scotland Yard Learned about the identity of the Stalker"? Collingsworth coughed then replied, "We have not as yet learned his identity".

Drew then asked, "Can you tell me, what have you found out?"

Collingsworth's response while he studied the Johannson report,"According to Inspector Johansson, "the mutilated bodies were left at the scene, the scenes where all void of blood". Johansson stated, "its hard to believe that one human being could do such a thing to another". " The crimes followed a pattern, each one duplicating the other. The Victims, Mary Ann Nicoles, Anna Chapman and Elizabeth Stride, were all street walkers in the White Chapel area".

Drew said, "Continue what else".

The atmosphere grew stuffy. Sweat beaded Collingsworth's forehead. "Johannson's report described at each scene the wheels of a coach, a horse with a missing shoe, plus Johansson used plaster the boot prints he found at the scene, he believed belonged to the
stalker".

"I see," Drew replied, "is that all?"

"Not entirely," Collingsworth said, "We eliminated those groups of religious fanatics who might feel as though it was their duty to punish sinners. At present, we have several Suspects at the Yard, that as we are here speaking, are being questioned by my constables".

As Drew Finished up his questions. Then the Queen's Cousin, the Royal Duke, gave Collingsworth a cold hard stare. With piercing eyes, "You mean to tell us, with all the resource of Scotland Yard, you have nothing".

Collingsworth took a defensive posture as the Veins in Collingsworth's neck throbbed, a signal to those who knew him that they had crossed the line. He cleared his throat. "We will leave no stone un-turned in our investigation". "We will catch the stalker".

The Royal Duke told Collingsworth, "You have one month to catch the Stalker or turn in your resignation, is that clear".

Collingsworth's reputation was built on his success, solving cases as an inspector in Scotland Yard. He would try to keep things to himself like a dormant volcano ready to erupt.

Collingsworth, Started to lose his temper, he was right in the face of the Royal Duke, looking at the Royal Duke pointing his finger at him, said to the Royal Duke, "you idiot", "what do you know about investigative work", "you have the nerve to tell me, I should resign, if I don't catch this killer before the month is out". "who the hell do you think you
are"?

It was Sir Percy Cromwell, a good friend of the Prime Minister, and editor of the London Times, who protested the Royal Dukes treatment of Super Intendment Collingsworth.

The Prime Minister had to put himself between Collingsworth and the Royal Duke as tempers flared up.

Collingsworth continued, "You were born with a silver spoon up you're...."

As Sir. Arthur Drew Laughed out loud. Collingsworth turned his anger on Drew, "What the hell do you find so funny", "you would not find it funny if I bloodied your big mouth now would you?". It was getting out of control. The Prime Minister had to drag poor Collingsworth out of Parliament.

In Parliament Sir Arthur Drew and the Royal Duke managed to roast the butts of The Prime Minister and Superintendent Collingsworth over an open spit on this issue.

The Prime minister turned to Collingsworth both men feeling the pressure that the Queen's cousin and Sir Arthur Drew had put them under.

Collingsworth left Parliament with a bad feeling, the feeling of helplessness.

Later the Prime Minister told Collingsworth, "to tell you the truth", "personally", "I wouldn't have blamed you the least bit if you popped him one in the mouth", "I hate his snickering".

As Big Ben struck twelve, both Collingsworth and the Prime Minister left together,

heading back to Scotland Yard. Prime Minister Wilson asked Collingsworth, "who is your best team of investigators at the Yard?"

Collingsworth reply was, "that would be Chief Inspector Thomas Bedford and Sargent Arthur Mc Donald".

Wilson asked Collingsworth," Are they on the Stalker Case?"

Collingsworth told the Prime Minister, "No,they just finished up the case they were on".

"As soon as I get back to the Yard I will put them on it".

Parliament was in session debating on the fate of Scotland Yard. The Parliament was divided on this issue...............................

Shelved the issue for a month. The Prime Minister along with his friends did some Damage control to prevent the Royal Duke and Sir Arthur Drew from totally taking Over the debate on the issue. While Wilson and Collingsworth were feeling the wound.

The Royal Duke and Arthur Drew were gloating over their success on this matter.

Collingsworth was not a politician, he hated it when instead of your work speaking for Itself politics was involved, he was an Inspector a constable not a damned politician.

Wilson and Collingsworth took a Hanson coach to Scotland Yard. Continue their Conversation all the way back to Scotland Yard.

As the coach driver pulled up to the front entrance Collingsworth remembered that Bedford and Mc Donald had been scheduled to appear in the courts on another case So he told the Prime Minister he would have to put them on the case tomorrow .

The Prime Minister warned Collingsworth that time was short and this matter would
effect his future and Scotland Yard for the years to come.

end part 1