Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
481
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
14
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
2,519

Choices. Missing Scene from 'Union'

Summary:

Greg ponders on whether he should return to Las Vegas or make a new life in Miami with his lovers.

Work Text:

Greg sat on the patio of Horatio and Speed's home, thinking. Horatio and Speed had convinced him to send the Miami lab director his resume and he'd been given an interview almost immediately and then a job offer to work DNA on dayshift, which meant he would be working with Horatio and Speed. He'd met Calleigh, Eric and Alexx and they'd all hit it off. He'd even gotten a tour of the lab and met the other techs. Everything was ready for him to come to Miami, he just needed to make the decision. Horatio and Speed had been very understanding of his hesitance and were giving him plenty of space to decide, but it was tough.

On the surface, everything looked so simple; he wasn't happy in Las Vegas and the Miami lab was completely opposite of Las Vegas, he could be happy here. But, it was a lot more complicated than that. He'd lived in Vegas for five years; he had friends there and even though he wasn't happy with the lab or the people in it right now, it had been his home for five years and that would be hard to give up.

Plus, moving to Miami and living with Horatio and Speed full time was a huge risk. Even though having a long distance relationship was hard, living and working together full time would be even harder. They might find that they couldn't stand each other and the relationship could end in disaster and he'd be stuck in a strange city with no one to turn to because all of his friends and family were on the other side of the country.

All the same, he had a real chance to be happy here in Miami. He hadn't realized how much he'd missed living near the ocean and hearing the waves crash on the shore or smelling salt in the air until he'd come here. Eric had promised to take him diving as soon as his back healed and Speed swore that Alexx was itching to adopt him as another son but was waiting for him to join the lab.

He thought about the lab in Vegas. He'd never really fit in there. He'd always been the quirky lab tech who played his punk rock music too loud and wore ugly shirts. He'd heard the not-so-nice comments about himself over the years and had simply ignored them, but Nick's CSI-wannabe comment and the total lack of visits from his so-called friends had really driven home the fact that no one in the Vegas lab really took him seriously or cared about him the way the people in Miami did.

Greg sighed and walked back into the house, his decision was made. It was time to say goodbye to his life in Las Vegas and hello to the one waiting for him here in Miami.

The End