Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of Choices Made
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
396
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
22
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
2,611

A Choice

Summary:

Will had a choice to be maid

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:


~*~
  
He was amazed how long a few seconds truly were.  He had a choice.  One that would change his life forever.  He had to decide if he was going to follow the path he had laid out for himself from the moment he had woken and looked up into Elizabeth Swann’s eyes.  Or whether he should take the new path that had been forged in front of him, the one that Jack Sparrow had revealed.
 
If he was honest with himself his whole life had been leading to this very moment in time; to these few seconds when he had to choose the path before him. 
 
On one side if he stepped back and returned to the road his life had been leading before the Black Pearl sailed into Port Charles’ waters, he would have all that his heart desired.  He would continue to excel as a blacksmith and in time he knew he would win Elizabeth's hand in marriage.  They would marry, have a family, and be a prominent couple in town.  He would be happy with her by his side; a son to train in the craft of sword making, a full life of laughter, joy and happiness.
 
On the other side if he stepped forward and started down the new path shown to him that fateful afternoon when Jack entered his blacksmith shop, he would have all his deepest desires.  He would sail the seas, feel the wind in his hair, a sword in his hand, and the sun at his back.  He would live his life on the Pearl, by Jack's side.  They would pillage ships and towns, steal gold and jewels, and be feared through the Caribbean.  He could be happy by Jack's side, a pirate, live a life full of adventure and lore.  Making a legend...
 
It was a choice he had to make, in a mere heartbeat.  Live a life on land or one on sea.  Wrapped in the arms of a beautiful woman, or a flamboyant pirate.

He knew his place. 
 
"Right here between you and Jack." Will Turner stepped between Norrington and Sparrow. "And if all I have done is given the executioner a second pair of boots then so be it."
 
He turned slightly, his eyes catching Jack's.  The pirate gave him a smile and wink. "Fine choice lad."

It was a choice he never regretted.
 

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Bj Jones.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.

Series this work belongs to: