Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2008-02-06
Words:
4,735
Chapters:
6/6
Comments:
1
Kudos:
24
Bookmarks:
3
Hits:
4,130

The Portal Travels 1: The Stranger

Summary:

Fandom: XENA/HERC/ANITA BLAKE VAMPIRE HUNTER
Pairings: MULTIPLE
Status: New
Archive: Yes just please let me know.
Feedback: Pretty, Pretty please? at caliadragon@yahoo.com  
Series: 1st in The Portal Travels
Disclaimer: I own only what I create. The people at Ren Pics own Joxer and Co. The Gods own themselves and me. Blueskye is my creation with inspiration and mention of other characters thought of by Laurell K. Hamilton and the wonderful people on the Xandi RPG.
Summary: A very special woman is thrown through time to fulfill a prophecy and stop the coming evil. Along the way she unites up with gods and mortals alike, all of whom are changed in some way.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text


*Means thought speech*



The Portal Travels 1: The Stranger
by Caliadragon


The clash of sword, the flash of light; the smell of blood filling the air. The two combatants paid little heed to them. They were to busy concentrating on trying to kill one another. It was truly a battle of Good and Evil, Dark and Light. Thrust, parry, slash, scream and bleed. Both sides where beginning to tire. Finally with the final lunge a sword pierced the chest of one opponent and a scream of pain and rage rang through the air.

"The wounded man snarled, "You may have beaten me, but I will be the winner." Fire consumed him as it did magic prickled the air and a portal opened beside them.

The other warrior tried to escape, but to no avail. The portal pulled sucked them both through. Closing with a shudder as they disappeared through.

Far away in another town a man gasped at the lose of contact with his child. He screamed her name and collapsed. His lover and friends held him as near by his niece and nephew wept at their lose. Troy finally managed to awaken Gabrielle and get an answer to why the three were so torn up. Gabrielle clung to him and wept. "She's gone. My little girl is gone. I can't feel her."

Stunned silence filled the room. They watched as Gabrielle and the twins pulled together. They rocked with their grief. No one knew how to help them. She was a creature of light, someone not meant to die.

A groaned escaped cracked and bleeding lips as she sat up slowly and looked around her. Pain seemed to scream through her entire body. As she looked around her she saw the burning remains of her foe. She swore as she remembered what he had done. She wondered where and when she was. Damn! She eased herself to her feet, cursing the thrust of pain through her body. She flexed a bit of power and called her sword to her. Another flex and the sword disappeared to wait for her to need it again. Now to get rid of the body and make it disappear for good. she waved a had and it burnt completely to ash. She followed the path to a road. She sighed and decided to follow the road to the east. Maybe she could find someone so she could find out where she was.

She had only walked a couple of hours when she was suddenly knocked off her feet.

"Joxer!" A male voice said in amusement. The man on top of her groaned and sat up. He was straddling her when their eyes met.

She was still gasping from the pain radiating through her body. Yet there was something else as well. Something pure and sweet.

When he saw the blood and the wounds he gasped. "Gods! Did I do that?" His voice squeaked with alarm.

"Do what?" a voice asked.

Two men came into view.

She blinked in confusion. "Shit, I must be in worse shape than I thought. Now I'm seeing the three of you. One's wearing a pasta strainer and looking so cute. Another's dressed in black leather and looking deadly and the last is in velvet and looking like a pretty girl."

Joxer smiled shyly. "These are my brothers."

she blinked. "That's good at least I'm not crazy."

Joxer's smile disappeared.

She shuddered and fainted.

"Joxer, what are you doing?" Jett laughed.

"He's falling over a woman." Jace teased.

"Xena I think you better come look at her. She's really hurt." Joxer said to the woman behind him. He eased off of her and watched as Xena knelt to attend her.

As Xena examined the girls wounds she could sense something about her. "We had better create a litter and take her into the next town."

"Can you help her now?"

She looked at Iolous. "No. There's something about her. I don't know she feel's like Aphrodite and Cupid." They all looked at her in surprise.

Hercules knelt by them as well and looked at her wounds. "I think these wounds where caused by a fireball. Some of them look they where caused by claws and a weapon of some sort." He said quietly.

As he and Xena touched her, her breathing seemed to worsen. They looked at one another quietly.

Joxer put his hand on her cheek and her breathing eased. "Maybe she's a god." he said.

"It would explain her strange clothing." Gabrielle said.

Joxer sighed, he hadn't noticed she was dressed strange. All he had seen was her unusual eyes and that she was hurt.

"Herc maybe you should call Ace.'' Iolous said knowing his friend would consider him easier to handle than Apollo.

Hercules grimaced, but did as his friend suggested.

Ace growled in frustration and pulled away from his husband.

"I better go, Uncle Herc doesn't call me unless its real important." Demios nodded and watched as his lover flashed away. He silently vowed to ask Strife to pull a good trick on his Uncle if it wasn't real important. As Ace appeared in front of them he looked around to gauge what who was hurt. There was something strange in the air and none of the group looked injured.

"What's up?" They all moved aside so he could see her.

Ace frowned and knelt beside the girl. His eyes widened when he read her. "Oh Shit!" He suddenly burst out, causing Joxer to fall backwards away from them. He lifted her gently into his arms and flashed away.

"Well thats that." Iolous said as he gently eased Joxer back up off the ground.

Ace flashed directly into the main healing chamber in his room.

Silently calling for his husband he began to think of the various gods he should call. The first two were Dite and Cupid. Though she had the feel of the War Gods, the Death gods and his father. Then there was the fact that she pulsated Heph's signature as well. He was confused and afraid. His unease fed to Demios who was near hysterical by the time he reached Ace. He was going to ask him what was wrong when several gods appeared at once. Both gods gulped when they saw who had arrived. Ares and Eris flashed in together.

Cupid and Strife were on one side of the room.

Thantos had appeared to their left and Apollo, Dite and Heph where to their right.

"What are ya'll up to? Ace was thinkin so hard I could hear his pulse and Demios is hysterical." Ace gulped, both he and Demios tried to stay out of everyone's way. In truth their affair had gone over even worse than when the pantheon had found out about Cupid and Strife.

They had only been married a couple of days and feared their stronger relatives reactions. He looked at his mother-in-law and trembled.

None of the other gods could figure out their sudden fear. "Aunt Dite, I think you might want to look at the girl on the bed." She frowned at him and walked over to her. She gasped and spun to face him. The rage on her face had Demios stepping in front of his lover.

Both gods where wishing this where all a shared nightmare and that Morpheous would just let them wake up. Morpheous flashed into the room. He scowled at the group. "Alright who's so scared they brought me here?" He growled. Both young gods whimpered.

Dite sighed her rage momentarily forgotten in her sons distress. "Calm down and tell me why one of my Fey are here and so badly injured." Every god in the room turned to look at the bed in shock. None of them had actually ever seen one of Dite's Fey. They where jealously guarded and protected from the influence of the other gods. The only time another god had messed with one of her Fey a dark creature had been born and she and Baccus had nearly killed Loki and caused an war with the Norns. Ace quickly told her what he knew. As he spoke Demios gently began to rub his back. As he did both gods calmed down. Dite took notice of this and wondered when they where going to announce that they where married.

end part 1