Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 6 of The Truth Series
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
482
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
1,892

Saving and Avenging

Summary:

Pairing: Cupid/Strife
Part 6 of the Truth Series
Feedback: Sure, Please?
Summary: Eris hear's a plan and must act to protect Strife and Cupid's child.
Archive:AJCS, BotB, UFW, and WNtS
Disclaimer: As always I own nothing.

Work Text:



Saving and Avenging
by Caliadragon
caliadragon@yahoo.com



Eris flashed into the out rooms of Zeus' office. She needed to pass on some information from Ares about the battle that Demeter had screamed for. Ares was in the middle of reassigning most of Strife's more dangerous work between the twins. No one wanted Strife anywhere near earth in his present condition. She smiled softly thinking about her pregnant son and wondered if he was feeling okay today. She decided after her meeting with the old bastard she would go visit him.

As she was about to walk into Zeus' office she could hear someone raging inside. She made herself invisible and flashed into the room. What she saw made her heart clench. Strife was in a chair in front of Zeus and he was staring at his grandfather in terror.

"You did this on purpose, didn't you?" Zeus screamed.

Strife was crying and shaking his head. "You purposely made Cupid fall in love with you! Then somehow you played Hera into marrying the two of you before I could stop it. Now your having this little bastard. Well I won't have it. I'll do to you what I did to that bastard son of mine. I'll take your child and put it in a human woman. I'll ruin you for this. I'll make you bleed."

Eris cried out in alarm. No not again! Not her baby. Before she could think of what she was doing she appeared to them and began to blast power at Zeus. In the back of her mind she screamed for help. "Run Strife!" She screamed.

As she fought him she remembered the last time Zeus had gone on a rampage like this one. It had been twenty five years earlier. The outcome of that battle was the banishment of her husband and his brothers and the lose of a child each for herself, Ares and Baccus.

Just as she was beginning to lose hope of saving herself or her son figures flashed in on every side of her. Power burst joined hers, every color under the sun. She realized with a start that the Houses of Love, War, Debanchary and Healing where fighting Zeus side by side.

Eris was unsure how long it lasted, but soon it died down and Heph hurried past them and locked Zeus in manacles. "He won't be going anywhere for awhile."

Strife came up beside her and he was glowing. "I demand vengeance against Zeus for the pain and evil he
has inflicted."

Stunned silence accompanied his words. Moments Strife, Eris and everyone else in the room were transported into the main hall. The Fates and the Elder Gods stood waiting. "With this demand a trial is called. If found guilty Zeus will fall. In his place Ares will be the ruler of us all."


end

Series this work belongs to: