Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of The Truth Series
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
614
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,903

The Truth about Psyche

Summary:

Archive:If you want it its okay
Pairing:None really
Series: 1st in the Truth Series
Feedback:Sure, please?
Summary:The real reason Cupid married Psyche.
This is just a short little fic that wouldn't go away.
As always I own nothing.

Work Text:



The Truth about Psyche
by Calidragon
caliadragon@yahoo.com



I don't expect anyone to understand the attraction I felt. After all we are from opposite sides and houses. He's from War and I'm Love. But everytime I see him my heart breaks. I know that he will never love me. I'm to soft in his eyes. Maybe that's why I allowed myself to believe that I loved Psyche, even though I knew it wasn't real. I was so lonely. I just wanted someone of my own to love. Damn! How pathetic was that?! I'm Cupid, God of Love and I'm whining about being unloved. But it's true. Psyche blindsided me. I thought she was truely innocent, I mean even Uncle Hercules was taken in by her. Dad's the only one who's harder to fool. I should have looked closer or let Mom do it like she wanted to.

She only wanted to marry me so that she could become a goddess and punish the villagers who had tormented her when she was mortal. She really thought me a freak, but to my disgust she still slept with me. My wings repeled her and she wanted Apollo. Though to my suprise he never touched her. Perhaps she would have been able to keep her feelings a secret if it had not been for the birth of my beautiful little Bliss. Oh, how I love him. When she went into labor I linked with her. I wanted to help her to share this experiance. I felt her loathing at my touch. I thought these where normal feelings. Dad told me horror stories about the way Mom acted at my birth. I didn't realize these were true feelings until Ace showed us Bliss. She hated him! She felt disgust and loathing when she saw his perfect white wings. I cried both tears of pain and joy that day. Every thing she had done since becoming a goddess filtered through my mind. I released it though and decided to talk to her later in hopes she would bond with our son.

Later that same week I came home from Athens and found Bliss crying and Psyche no where to be found. I lifted him into my arms and went in serach of my wayward spouse. When I found her she was thin again. She was just finishing some sort of potion. I told her that Bliss needed to be fed. She just sneered and said she no longer had anything to feed him with. She had taken a potion to dry up her milk. I was to stunned to think for a moment. I demanded to know why. She laughed and said that we were bound know that she had had Bliss. What I did with him was my buisness he could starve to death for all she cared. For the first time in my nearly 3,000 years I wanted to kill someone.

Instead I flashed to my Grandpa Zeus's temple and bellowed for both my grandparents. Grandma Hera was scowling until she saw me and Bliss. I quickly explained what was going on. Hera immediatly granted my wish that I be able to feed my baby. I gasped as my nipples tightened and where heavy with milk. I immediatly placed my squaling son up to my breast and sighed in relief when he began to feed. I began to cry softly from the emotion this caused. Grandpa gently lowered me to a chair and flashed away to deal with Psyche. I didn't care, all I cared about was my son. Now finally I had someone to love me.


end

Series this work belongs to: