Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 2 of Bad Girls
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
591
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,391

Body Shots

Summary:

Characters: Kate/Abby
Prompt: 006 Careen
Word Count: 586
Rating: Teen
Summary: This conversation got out of control fast.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

Body Shots
by Rainne

The sound of retching brought a slight smile to Gibbs's face as he made his way toward the staircase the next morning. Clearly someone was up. He headed downstairs, pulling V8 and bottled water out of the fridge and half a loaf of bread from the cabinet. He popped two slices of bread in the toaster, shook the bottle of V8 and poured two large glasses, then put the coffee pot on for himself just in time to see Kate stumble down the stairs.

"Kate!" he greeted her cheerfully. "You look like hell."

Steadfastly ignoring him, Kate picked up one glass of V8, pinched her nose shut, tilted her head back and downed the whole thing without stopping for air. The first two slices of bread popped out of the toaster and she snagged one, finishing it off in several bites and then grabbing a bottle of water, which she pressed to her right temple.

Moments later, Abby followed her down the stairs. "Morning, Abs!" Gibbs greeted her, his smile broadening.

She gave him the finger and dropped into a chair, sucking down the V8 like it was going to disappear. Kate handed over the other piece of toast and switched the bottle of water to her other temple. Gibbs poured his coffee and sipped at it, watching them both with amusement on his face.

"I have a question," Kate said a few minutes later, enunciating her words very carefully. "How did we get here?"

"I came and got you," Gibbs replied, fighting to keep from grinning like a lunatic.

"How did you know where we were?"

"Don't you remember calling me at four in the morning from Garfield Park?"

Abby and Kate stared at one another. Finally, Abby sighed and took the bait. "What the hell were we doing in Garfield Park?"

Gibbs bit his tongue, his mind filtering all the possible answers he could give to that question. Finding none that ultimately satisfied, he settled for saying nothing. It kept him out of trouble, and would probably just end up adding to the entertainment.

"What's the last thing you remember?" Kate asked Abby nervously.

Abby thought about it as she twisted open her bottle of water and took a long drink. "The naked girl on the bar," she finally said firmly. "I distinctly remember her."

Gibbs blinked. What the hell kind of bar had they been at?

Kate nodded gingerly, twisting the cap off her own bottle and sipping at it. "I think I remember her."

"What's the last thing you remember?" Abby asked, slightly suspiciously.

Kate pondered. Her eyes flicked to Gibbs and back to Abby. "Body shots."

Holy shit. Gibbs swallowed hard.

Abby blinked. "There were body shots? Where was I for this?"

Kate's jaw tightened. The silence in the room grew almost palpable. Abby's face paled. "Oh."

Kate looked up at Gibbs. "Just out of curiosity, do we have any idea where my car is?"

Gibbs shook his head slowly. "Nope. You were on foot when I picked you up."

"Well, at least I wasn't driving." Kate took a deeper swallow of water. Then she blinked. "Garfield Park?"

Gibbs felt his lips twitch. "Yep."

Abby rested her head on the table. "I think I need to sleep for, like, a year."

Kate suddenly swallowed hard and was unable to meet Gibbs's eyes. "Uh. We didn't... do anything stupid last night, did we?"

He grinned broadly and did not answer.

Kate moaned softly, burying her face in her free hand. "Oh, Christ."

 

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Rainne.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.

Series this work belongs to: