Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
846
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
982

Twilight's Time

Summary:

(Logan/Remy)
Sablerose, I'm not sure when you posted this one. I think it's been a while... I started this then put it away. JB's lovely art made me decide to look at it again. I'm really rusty so you've been warned...
Inspired by the lovely and very talented sablerose2. Thank you!

Work Text:

 


Twilight's Time
by BJ



Tell me something tell me please?
Is this real or just a dream?
Is your hand holding mine or am I
lost to twilight's time.
~sablerose2


Sometimes my life feels like a dream...

I'm supposed to be studying the plans for next week's mission right now but, damn it, he's across the hall in the library immersed in a novel the size of a concrete block. How am I supposed to study this crap when the sun's streamin' through the window and fallin' on him like that? It's catchin' all the highlights in his hair; makin' it glow and come alive and all I really wanna do right now is go touch it.

I gotta shake myself and force myself to get back to my file when out o' the corner of my eye I see him smile and I wonder what caused it? I love his smile; he doesn't do it nearly enough and I decide I don't wanna miss any of 'em so I put the stupid file down *again* and turn to fully face him.

He must o' felt me lookin' 'cause his eyes drift up and catch mine and that's all it takes... I can't look away. The book dips in his hands a bit and he smiles again... I don't think he's ever gonna really understand what that does to me.

After a moment, which didn't last nearly long enough if you ask me, he goes back to his reading and I sigh, adjust myself, and find myself thinkin' that if I ever wanna get any work done today I better go close the damn door. I start to move toward the door when his hand lifts to brush a stray piece of hair back behind his ear and the earring he wears is hit by the sun.

I freeze; staring at the stud I'm reminded of the promise I made to him when I put it there.

You know what? Screw work and missions... I move past the door I intended to close just a second ago straight across the hall and up to his chair. Careful not to lose his page I gently remove the book from his lap and place it on the table to his left. There's a question in his eyes but before he has a chance to speak I take him by the hands and pull him to his feet. As he fills the space in my arms I sigh; content to just stay like this forever. His scent fills my nose and just like that he's everywhere... my head, my heart, my soul, my arms... I relax into the exquisite feeling and pull him even closer but he *still* feel too far away.

His arms are around me, his fingers are running first through my hair and then down my back, a few whispered words from him and my entire *body* is alive with the static charge feeling I get any time he's close. I can't help but smile into the crook of his neck which is so conveniently next to my lips right now. I kiss the soft warm skin there and relish the shiver it sends, as always, up his spine. This is *my* spot and I kiss it again because, thank all that's in Heaven, I *can*. He pulls back slightly and I'm left breathless by the silent promise in his eyes.

My hand slips down to take his and the devilish smile that suddenly lights up his face makes *me* shiver. I squeeze his hand before I let it slip from mine and move to the doorway to glance up and down the hall; the mansion is quiet today and I silently cheer, Yes!

The door moves silently on its hinges as it closes with a soft click.

The lock on the door turns only a second after that...

*****

I should wake him up so we can get dressed. I should get back to the work I was *tryin'* t' get done a couple o' hours ago. I *should* but damn he smells good and I'm so comfortable right here... Right now...

There's a deep bruise formin' on my spot on his neck and I lick the salty skin; my silent apology for any pain I may have caused. He turns suddenly in my arms and his eyes blink open and damn...

There's that smile.

I reach up and pull the blanket from the corner of the sofa to drape over us.

The sun's settin', it's silent in the rest of the house, and we just made a memory that I'll keep in my heart and guard forever...

Ain't no one ever stealin' this one away.

As I pull him a little closer and close my eyes to join him in a few more minutes sleep I find myself grinnin' like a damn fool...

Yep, sometimes my life feels just like a dream...


END