Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 14 of MiSS
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,083
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,492

MiSS - The Girl In Question - The Other Side to the Story

Summary:

Rating: For the eyes of anyone who can read...
Summary/TimeLine: Season Five ANGEL "The Girl in Question" and a spoiler or two to Joss Whedon's Season Eight BtVS. Italy, what really happened?
Disclaimer: Joss Whedon claims he gave this fandom life. What? You see me arguing with that?
Note: 1. Part of the Missing Scene Series MiSS but is a stand-alone like all of them are.
Note: 2. For other Missing Scenes go here.
Thanks and snuggles to my lusciousxander for her quick beta!

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 




MISS - The Other Side to the Story - Italy, what really happened?
by lusciousspike (Mera)
lusciousspike@yahoo.com 

 

"Ah, what a prosperous night."

Muffled words greeted Andrew as he entered the apartment, his tuxedo crisp as if it hadn't been worn for several hours.

He crossed his arms when he saw the petite blonde girl slouching in front of the television on the couch, shoving a fistful of popcorn into her mouth. To her left and right, popcorn and fashion magazines littered the couch.

When Andrew coughed, she stopped flipping through the channels and pried her eyes from the screen. "Benvenuti, Boss. Made some friendly contacts?" She licked her salt chapped lips.

Andrew sighed, reproaching, "Amber, please some decorum." He indicated to the messy room with a flourish of the hand. "A friend visited and I had to clean up before he thought I was a slob!"

Amber snorted. "You have a friend?"

Andrew smiled wistfully. "Like an enchanting dream come to life... or unlife as the case m..."

"What?"

"Non importa."

She rolled her eyes.

"And how was your evening, youthful slayer?"

Amber scowled. "Tell me why I'm the one hanging around that blow head of an immortal. All he keeps talking about is ‘my book' this and ‘the mountain I climbed' that. He's not even a threat, he's so self-involved." She glared at the carefree man whose charge she was in. "What's so important in this guy's past that has me shadowing him like a lovesick bleached poodle?" 

"Why?" Andrew leaned forward, interested. "Did you run into any trouble?"

She shook her head. "Nope." She changed the channel with one hand and dug into the bowl with the other, causing the corn to spill out onto the couch.

Andrew sighed in a reprimanding manner as he unbuttoned his cuffs. "We barely could afford this apartment after you burned the first one, the least you could do is take care of it."

"We ain't having company over." Amber huffed and waved a buttery hand. "'Sides, how should I've known that when an oven dings, you still need to turn it off? Those were your muffins, anyways. You just had to go and buy the fifth issue of Harry Potter ‘cause the one you had got a little coke on it..."

"A little?!" Andrew gasped in outrage. "Snape's memories were all..." he shook his head and inhaled deeply, calming himself. "Il passato è il passato. Now. As your watcher..." he continued despite her unfeminine snort, "-I should get a comprehensive briefing of the events."  

Amber licked at her fingers, her eyes glued once more to the television. Though what had her entranced, Andrew had no idea. She was changing the channels so fast all he could see were flashes of color.

"Well, not much happened today. The Immortal drinks in the attention of his fans, name drops his book, again, looks in the mirror, flirts with everyone..."

Andrew puckered his brow. "So, nothing new?"

"Well, he did mention something about a couple of old friends he was ‘in play with'." She twisted her lips, disgruntled. "I think they're like him, not sure though. I am a quick learner, but some Italian words still confuse me. I could've sworn there was some staking of territory mentioned." She shuddered. "I was worried for a second that he was going to go National Geographic."

She tossing a couple of buttered corns into her mouth and without looking away from the television, grumbled at Andrew, "Hey, what's the deal with ringing me in the middle of my oh-so-vital take, telling me to hightail to that club of his, grind into a crowd - which you know I hate - then lay low when I sense a vamp?"

Andrew nodded seriously. "Ah, you see, vampyre senses tend to get muddled and confused by loud sounds and intense smells that circulate in such nightlight avenues."

"Huh?" Amber actually moved her eyes to look at him this time.

"Nothing you have to concern your pseudo head about, Amber. The situation has been cleared." Amber rolled her eyes at his exaggerated tech speak. "I was merely securing your delicate cover with my masterful tongue as well keeping a promise to an old friend who got carried away by falsified facts I had woven." He shook his head and sighed longingly. "The passionate fool..."

"Friend?"

Andrew had his head tilted upwards, eyes unfocused, lost somewhere in his mind. "Seeing him once was not enough..." He shook his head to refocus with a deep exhale and cough. "You returned to your post afterwards, okay?" he asked, moving closer to the couch.

She pouted, popping a buttered corn into her mouth. "Yeah. And he paid little to no attention to me, for once. I think he was sending those friends a gift. Apparently, they like bowling." She shrugged.

"Really?" he could have sounded less interested as he struggled with his bowtie. Amber snapped her hand up, grabbed and pulled it off with a rough jerk. "Ack... your sticky... tore..." he rambled off.

Amber murmured as she clicked away at the remote, searching for an English speaking channel, "I tried to tell him ‘With regards, The Immortal.' sounded tacky. He said it was an inside joke."

"Uh hah." Andrew was more concerned with using a napkin to wipe at his manhandled tie.

Her eyes lit up when Friends appeared on the screen. "Dubbed. Ugh. Really don't get Italian humor." She lifted her head up to look at Andrew who was in the process of undoing the top three buttons of his shirt. "I get it. I get why the need to be Buffy's clone, I mean I knocked some sense into this creep who was stalking me not two days ago. And seeing as that big head is as big in the demon community it's smart to keep an eye on him." Andrew looked at her blankly, waiting for her to continue. "But, can you just please tell me what's so hilarious with me ‘supposedly' dating The Immortal? And when can I stop?"

Amber scrunched her face when Andrew patted her head. She smacked his hand off.

"Oh, sweet, naïve, little one." He shook his head, unruffled. "You do not understand the workings of il cuore." He smiled somewhat pityingly at her then turned and walked towards his room.

She twisted around in her seat and yelled at him. "Hey! What the... what heart? Does this have to do with that imaginary friend of yours? ANDREW!"

 

THE END...

 

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Mera.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.

Series this work belongs to: