Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
487
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
5
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
1,373

RIP Sonic ScrewDriver

Summary:

Not all fallen comrads die in battle.

Crack!

Work Text:

Title: RIP Sonic ScrewDriver
Author: Lopaka Tanu
Disclaimer: I do not own Doctor Who or Torchwood.
Characters: Ten, Ianto
Words: 447
Prompt: Sick
Fandom: Doctor Who/Torchwood
Pairing: Ten/Ianto
Rating: Adult
Warnings: Just plain old disgusting
Summary: Not all fallen comrads die in battle.
Author's Note: Post Dr. Who TLOTTL
______________________________________

 

Wandering in to the main room of the TARDIS, Ianto twirled the feather duster between his fingers.  The time ship tended to keep herself spotless for the most part, but there was always something small she missed.  He tended to believe she left it for him because he needed something familiar.  Since leaving the hub behind, Jack and all, he had felt a little homesick.  To be honest, he found it a bit nice falling back on old routine.  

A faint whirring sound distracted him from his unending quest for cleanliness.  Frowning, he traced the source to the other side of the TARDIS controls.  Sitting at them on a small stool, the Doctor had a jeweler's eye piece over one eye and was focusing on something he couldn't see.  Not wanting to distract the Doctor, yet still curious, he crept around the controls.

"I can hear you clearly, Ianto.  No need to worry, though, I've almost done it!"  Cheerfully, the doctor tugged the last wires in to place in the micro-bundle, then hit their ends with a hot iron.  They hissed and threw off smoke, but quickly cool when he blew on it.  "There!"  Using a small pair of pliers, he reattached the outside cover and watched it seal seamlessly closed.

"What have you got there, Doctor?"  Feather duster held at attention, Ianto readied to clean up yet another mess.  The Doctor was rather fond of creating them, but heaven help the universe the day he stuck around to pick up after himself.

"It's my new Sonic ScrewDriver!"  Clicking the handle, he activated it.  A blue light lit up the end, darker than the original had been.  "I rather fancy the new design."

"Yes, it's brilliant.  If you don't mind my asking, what happened to the old one?"  His words wiped the grin off the Doctor's face.  "Was it something terrible?"

"Frightfully so, I imagine, too terrible to repeat."  Patting the Sonic ScrewDriver, the Doctor sighed.  "Suffice to say, it involved the Mad Captain, his quarters, and a lot of peanut butter.  Well, after that I could see little recourse but to fire the poor thing in to the heart of the hottest sun.  It was too traumatized to carry on.  There was just no recovering from that."

Nodding, Ianto had already started to place the spare parts back in their containers.  "I know your pain."

"Oh?"  He could hardly believe that, but the Doctor was a Time Lord with an open mind.

"Yes, I too have lost cherished items to Jack's... robust appetites."  Clutching his feather duster to him, Ianto's fingers trembled.

Placing a hand on Ianto's shoulder, the Doctor nodded.  He did understand after all.

 

THE END............