Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
252
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,128

No Going Back

Summary:

Speed refused to go back

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

~*~

 

Speed stared at his image in the mirror; he had never expected this would happen.  He touched the purple bruise on his cheek, and with a deep sigh he stepped back from the sink and left the bathroom.  He grabbed his overnight bag from the bed and headed for the front door.

 

"Speed..."

 

Timothy turned and looked at his boyfriend. "No."

 

"I said I was sorry," he whispered, voice desperate.

 

Speed shook his head. "I know you are."

 

"I'll make it up to you, I swear.  Damn it, Speed, give me a second chance."  He took a step towards his lover, eyes pleading.

 

"I promised myself a long time ago, that I wouldn't do this..." Speed closed his eyes. "I won't go back to that person I was."

 

"This is me we're talking about," he pleaded.

 

"No, this is about the kid I was, and the man I am today." Tim sighed and headed towards the door. "The moment you struck me, what we had was over."

 

"You're just going to walk out!"

 

He looked back at his lover. "I told you the moment we started dating, I wouldn't tolerate two things; being cheated on and being hit.  You laughed and said it would never happen." Speed gave a humorless laugh.  "The bruise says other wise."

 

"I love you."

 

"I love you, too," Speed whispered as he opened the door. "But I love myself more." He looked back at his lover. "Goodbye, Eric."  He stepped through the door and didn't look back. 

 

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Bj Jones.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.